A plugin for respawning ores

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by dannycrafts, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dannycrafts

Hi all, I came upon this id to create a plugin that respawns ores and maybe other blocks at a specified interval. Is this anything anyone would be interrested in too? I might make a plugin like that, but not anytime soon. Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone else was looking for something similar.

2. Offline

Sagacious_Zed Bukkit Docs

3. Offline

dannycrafts

4. Offline

Takel

GrowingOre would be what you're looking for, but development on it has slowed/halted. I'm actually going through the source code at the moment seeing if I can do my own maintenance and additions to it (such as random respawn timers) but if you want to pick it up, go ahead.

5. Offline

Ziden

Not the best way, cause it would remake the whole region,but the simplest way:

This could be done using worldedit´s code. Lets say for example you want to regen a region. You could create that region in worldguard.

Then you could create a simple plugin, thinkin u could do so, to run worldedit´s code to //regen a region every now and then using scheduler.

It would regen the whole region, but thats heavy enought i belive regenerating the region but only specified points would be even more cpu hunger.

6. Offline

dannycrafts

Yes, but I think this plugin will be too intensive for my server, running a timer for every ore.
    I would make a plugin that just has one timer that checks which ores need to be regenerated.

Hmmm, I'm not really thinking of regening a region (or the whole world), even though that would be a nice plugin too, but for me, I'm using Towny and it regenerates a plot pretty well after it is unclaimed again. My goal is to make certain resources regenerate so that you don't necessarily run out of them, like coal, ores and clay (and maybe even trees!).

I also want to note that I will probably use the following mecchanism:
    - When a player mines a resource that is specified to regen, it will remember the position and type of block for a while.
    - When it is time to regen, it will check if the block is not floating and will respawn it if it isn't.
    - Now it doesn't have to remember the block anymore until it will be mined again.

I don't want to do it like OreRegen, that the ore is changed to a stone block, because I have to make sure that when that stone block is removed that the ore won't regen anymore. This requires the plugin to check if a block that a player destroys is remembered by the plugin. If there are like 100 ores that are remembered to be respawned in the future, the plugin will probably cause lag on the server when someone is digging out a cave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.