A player by the name of Notch joined my server.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by torogadude, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

torogadude

Actually the log says "[INFO] Notch [/98.254.36.144:54288] lost connection" and he never rejoined. I am on a hunt on the internet and can;t seem to find Notch's legit IP, and I want to see if this is legit or not. Anyone know any possibilities?

I am fully aware it could be a hacker, and I am 99% sure it is. But there is that small chance, and I want to be sure.

2. Offline

Rawrツ

If your sever is offline then it fake Notch=Ban
    If your server is online real Notch
    I alway ban Notch on my server

3. Offline

LaxWasHere

online-mode= true

MrBluebear3 likes this.
  4. Offline

evilmidget38

5. Offline

torogadude

It was online, it was right after I backed up the server. Weirdly though, he didn't try to join again like most people would. Idk why, but for some reason after I back up the server it boots people for the first 45 or so seconds after I open it, and notch joined then. It's weird. Would the console do anything special or tell if its a hack?

6. Offline

Rawrツ

Maybe you was dreaming,Notch coming on your server is rare,he a busy man,he doesn't have time to play games

7. Offline

bitWolfy

Did he actually join the server?
    "Lost connection" messages are also sent when someone is looking at the servers in their server list. There might have been an offline player with a fake username of Notch who had your server in the list.

MrBluebear3, zipfe, TnT and 1 other person like this.
  8. Offline

torogadude

Really? Well that's probably it then. I hope not, but thanks anyway :)

9. Offline

MysteryManX

LOL (I hate that word), do you honestly think Notch has time to join a random server? Of course its not him, its someone else.

10. Offline

bitWolfy

MysteryManX Notch used to join random servers before. I think, he stopped after idiots started impersonating him.

11. Offline

torogadude

MysteryManX We already established that it wasn't him, and I was 99% sure it wasn't him in the first place, remember? But it's still an interesting occurrence in the console. I'll upload a screenshot later

12. Offline mode, no support here.

13. Offline

zipfe

So brave.
    This has been asked/mentioned twice above your post, and OP already replied he runs in online mode. bitWolfy already gave the most probable explanation.

14. zipfe Oh, sorry. I never read the posts :D

15. Offline

zipfe

Oh you. Careful with those really long multi page threads then ; )

16. zipfe Yeah, thats me.

17. Offline

torogadude

Mikeambrose3 I'm pretty sure Notch's last name is Persson, not Ambrose, and he's an only child -_- anyway here is a screenshot[​IMG]

It always shows a bunch of IPs losing connection during startup too, Idk why, after like 5 minutes its ok -_- And that period is when Notch seems to have tried to join.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  18. Offline

MikeA

torogadude I don't care, it's obviously a fake... Notch has better things to do than join 10 slot servers. Regardless, it could even be you doing it.

19. Offline

torogadude

I know it's fake now after what bitWolfy said. But of he'd actually joined I could see if its legit or not.

20. Offline

Emboar1003

let me tell you a little secret (not so secret anymore I guess) I did this little thing that shows you the IP address of Minecraft players. Im not telling you Notch's IP, but I will tell you that the IP on that screenshot is not his. 1000000% fake. Also, there are two reasons why it would say "(player name) lost connection. 1. If the player isn't white listed or is banned or tempbanned, then it will say the player lost connection and show a reason why they were disconnected. 2. If it doesn't show a reason why they were disconnected, then they probably tried to use a program that lets you log onto servers without logging in with a password, just a username. It is common that someone would log onto an offline server as someone else because the offline server will accept any Minecraft account whether or not it has a password. That is why most offline servers have a plugin that asks you for a username and password once you join. If the hacker tries this program on an online server, it disconnects the user and displays this to the user "Disconnected: (Try restarting your game)" and on the console it will say "(playername) Lost connection: " but no matter how many times he restarts the game, it won't let him/her on. That is all I know. Retired Hacker out; peace!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.