A "newest version" link

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Technius, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Technius

I have a little "latest download" link on my project page. I use Dropbox for it because I dislike changing the link everytime I upload a new version. Can you guys add something like "dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/example/files/latest" and also "dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/example/files/latest-direcct/"?

Jozeth likes this.
  2. Offline

tips48

I agree, that would be nice.

3. Offline

Gravity Retired Staff

I believe this is one of the things we mentioned to Curse, if not I'll be sure to add it to our list.

4. Offline

TnT Retired Staff

This question has been asked a great deal. It would be great to have static download links for the latest versions of plugins.

An easy method to download plugins can allow for a great deal of unneeded bandwidth usage. We have discussed ways to mitigate this, possibly through an API for an auto-updater, while still allowing for a manual wget.

We want to ensure all users download plugins through the dev.bukkit.org site, as that allows us to check the plugin over for malicious code. Hence this is a high priority item for us and Curse. As we know more, I will inform the community as to the progress being made.

5. Offline

Technius

Ah, thanks for your reply. I hope this can be added!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.