A long awaited goodbye

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Dragonphase, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dragonphase

I've been meaning to find the right time and the right words to write this post for a while now, and I've had enough time to think about what I want to say, so here I go.

Most of you won't know me, but I've been a pretty passionate Minecraft player since early 2010. I was introduced to it by a friend who also pointed out that one of my favorite music producers - deadmau5 - owned his own server which was pretty popular at the time. So I decided to check it out and... well, the place was booming full of creativity, imagination and a wonderful community! I loved it.

I played on mau5ville for a month or two before one of my builds - a sea temple - caught the eye of a truly amazing administrator by the name of star13star - Joel's real life buddy and artwork man Joshua Davis. He granted me the rank of trusted and before long I was part of a group of amazing builders, moderators and admins. Time went on and I eventually became a moderator, but mau5ville shut down a year later.

It was around this time I started looking into hosting my own server, which I did for a while, before deciding to reboot mau5ville myself, which lasted another year. I used Bukkit and was amazed by how creative the Minecraft community truly was, with all of the plugins and resources available. It was something else. I created my own plugins eventually, starting off pretty mediocre with bad coding practices, but I learned new things every day.

I would have loved to have contributed more time to the Bukkit community, but unfortunately I had, and still have, other responsibilities. I'm glad that I was part of this community for even a short time - if it wasn't for Bukkit, I probably wouldn't be creating my own game using Java right now.

I'd be lying if I said Minecraft hasn't changed my life, because it has. I've met so many wonderful people, crafted my imagination and been part of something truly amazing. The original mau5ville group still keep in regular contact in a Skype group, of around 30 people, and we're pretty much a "family", so-to-speak. We've even met each other a few times.

I don't see myself playing Minecraft like I did back in 2010 any time soon. For me, it's outlived it's moment of amazement; this is probably because the community I was used to playing with have lost interest, and I don't see myself meeting another group of people like that. They're irreplaceable.

I want to thank everyone who has ever helped Minecraft live on; Dinnerbone, Grum, EvilSeph, mbaxter, TnT, and Everyone else who worked on Bukkit or contributed any time into improving the Minecraft experience as a whole. I also want to thank everyone who has used my plugins to help make their lives easier in Minecraft. I truly appreciate the support and the knowledge that my content has helped someone else.

Whenever I get the time, I'll check in, and on Spongepowered too.

Keep being creative and have fun!

See ya.

TnT, bluekelp and mbaxter like this.
  2. Offline

Dragonphase

bwfcwalshy

I didn't say thank you to a lot of people because the list would be pretty long. All of the Bukkit team, staff, and
    deserves recognition.

JaguarJo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.