A little bit too long for file approval…

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by H2NCH2COOH, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

H2NCH2COOH

I'm not a man of patience I confess. But this is really a bit long for file approval(It no longer says X days…).
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/minescript/
    I received no PMs and file remains Needs Approval. I've uploaded two updates and have came up with a newer one(this one I didn't even tried to upload).
    Please at lest tell me it's in the queue…

2. Offline

Lolmewn

Ah, yes. I've seen it in the queue. There's actually two versions in there!
    The reason it's probably not being approved so quick is because it is 1.4MB. For a file that large to be approved, I (not sure about the others) might want to take some two hours of my time to check it all. I myself am just starting on checking files and projects, so I don't even dare taking on a file with such a size.

3. Offline

H2NCH2COOH

Well, the java part is actually pretty small, the rest are just library…
    Anyway, thanks for the information and I'll put them elsewhere thus making file smaller.
    Thank you for this great project and this environment. They've made playing and dev mush more enjoyable.

4. Offline

NuclearW

When I took off last night after doing some approvals your file seemed to be the very next in the queue, although looking now it seems it's been taken care of.

And yes, making the file smaller is a good thing, certainly makes it quicker for us. But in the end you just have to be patient, if there is a problem we'll let you know, otherwise we work through the queue as best we can. Hopefully all these new poor saps staff will let us get through it faster in the future.

5. Offline

ZachBora

Not sure if I should say grats Lolmewn or "oh poor you" :p

NuclearW If I come up with an update while the current file isn't approved, should I :
    • upload the new one and delete the previous unapproved file
    • upload the new one and do nothing to the old file
    • replace the old file with the new file and update description

6. Offline

Lolmewn

ZachBora
    Upload the new one - delete the old. It's just more work for us if you leave it hanging in the queue! And believe me when I say that there are quite a few projects with multiple files awaiting approval at the moment.

7. Offline

NuclearW

ZachBora
    Uploading a new one and deleting the old unapproved one is preferable, that way we don't have to go through it and we can get to your newer file faster.

8. Offline

Gravity

Also, just because the other parts of the code are libraries doesn't mean we can just approve them blindly. It's still code you can edit and compile, and it still needs to be reviewed. If we didn't review ALL of what you submit, BukkitDev could not be considered safe. Try to cut back on your shading when possible.

9. Offline

dreadiscool

There needs to be some kind of automated processor that can automatically flag and remove bad code. I'm not saying take away the humans who check over the code, but at least have a bot scrape through all the code and remove the obviously bad ones, so the humans can check the remaining.

10. Offline

ZachBora

That's like asking to remove every bad person from society, how would we do it?

-_Husky_- likes this.
  11. Offline

Gravity

We have automated checkers already.

drtshock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.