A library (like Vault) for message channel plugins

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Comphenix, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Comphenix

Does anyone know if there's a Message Channel API, similar to Vault?

The mod I'm working on will be generating a lot of messages, so I want to give players the option of opting out, or opting in for more detailed information. It seems to me that the best solution is to integrate with existing chat channel plugins, but I'd prefer if I didn't have to interface with every popular plugin out there.

I could create my own "channel" messaging system, but it's hard to match the well-established plugins in terms of stability and functionality, and delegating it all probably makes it easier for the operator to configure.

I just need the ability to send a message to a named channel. Is there an easy solution?

If not, is there a list of the most popular chat channel plugins? I've decided to at least include HeroChat.

2. Offline

Sleaker

A plugin API like you've said doesn't exist to my knowledge. There isn't really an easy solution, since most people don't need to hook multiple chat plugins, and channels weren't something very widespread until recently that I'm aware of.

3. Offline

Comphenix

Oh, okay.

I guess I'll just pick a popular plugin for now, and interface with additional plugins if they get requested.

But still, thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.