A good set of compatible plugins for 1.0.1-R1

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by oeginc, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

oeginc

I know this has been discussed before, and I've read thru the other threads to get suggestions for this list, but those other threads seem to be incomplete or outdated.

I'm new to CraftBukkit and like many others, I am completely confused as to which plugins I should get in order to setup a proper public server. I know a lot has to do with how we wish to run the server, etc. But there should be a general set of plugins that works well to start with. I installed about 10 of the recommended plugins and then noticed that many of them seemed to conflict with eachother (/ commands were the same in various plugins (Essentials), or I started seeing crashes (Dynmap)). It also seems that many of the plugins that were recommended have already been implemented in bukkit and/or minecraft server, so that's a little confusing as well.

Here is what I am looking for:

* Authorization system. Forces people to login before they can move/place/destroy/etc.

* Anti-cheat/Anti-hack system that prevents users from flying, x-ray, etc.

* Anti-grief system. Something that logs all changes and allows you to revert changes in a specific area/time/etc.

* Protection system. Something that can protect specific areas from being changed except by certain individuals. I believe I want this to be user controllable.

* Permission system. Something that allows me to easily set individual permissions and group permissions.

* MultiWorld. I really like the ability to run multiple worlds (unless there is some reason not to).

* Economy system. Something that lets the users have virtual coins to buy/sell/trade with other players.

* NPC Shop's. Preferably NPC based shops that users can purchase items from.

* Player Shop's. Allow players to setup a shop to sell their items in.

* Mail. Allows users to send/receive mail.

* Locks. Allows users to lock their doors/chests/etc to prevent unauthorized users from entering. Need the ability to "white-list" players or groups so that the user may allow only certain individuals to access.

* Announcements/Documentation. Some way of guiding new users through the login process and getting started.

* Lottery Tickets. Allow users to spend their coins on purchasing lottery tickets in which they could win coins.

* Auction. Allow users to auction off items to the highest bidder.

* DeathProtection: In the event a player dies, spawn a chest (or more than one?) and put their items in it.

* NPC's: Ideally a way to create NPC's that users can interact with. Perhaps receive quests/jobs/etc from.

* General. I have also seen NoLagg and Ptweaks recommended to help the server work more efficiently.

And this is what I've found so far:

* Authorization: AuthMe
    * Anti-Cheat / Anti-Hack: NoCheat
    * Anti-Griefing w/Rollback: BigBrother (but discontinued)
    * Protection System: WorldGuard, Regios, Towny, Residence, and PreciousStones
    * Permission System: bPermissions
    * Multi-World: MultiVerse-Core
    * Economy: iConomy
    * NPC Shops: iConomyChestShop
    * Player Shops: ?
    * Mail: ?
    * Door/Chest Locks: LWC?
    * Announcements:
    * Lottery: ?
    * Auction: ?
    * Death Protection: DeathTpPlus
    * NPC's: Citizens (but doesn't support jobs/quests?)
    * General: NoLagg, PTweaks
    * Generators: CleanroomGenerator, InfinitePlots

I'm looking for a complete list of plugins that works well together. For the protection system, I'm a little confused. I'd like to setup plots of land that users can purchase and then build on. I would like to define the plots around my city streets, but if that's not possible, I suppose I can deal with it.

Also, are plugins like WorldBorder still necessary, or has Minecraft/NoLagg/PTweaks made that obsolete?

Not sure if I am missing anything (probably am), but feel free to suggest it (please, no unrelated plugs for your own plugins).

Thank you so much!

2. Offline

efstajas

For Protection, use WorldGuard and WorldEdit. Users can claim land and you can easily define which area should do what, you can even prevent users from going inside or heal them inside, set which monsters can spawn there, which commands are blocked and around 30 things more.
    For AntiCheat, use NoCheat. It's classic and detects EVERYTHING. One tip: Set the packet- check to off. It often throws false alarms and teleports players back some meters while walking, which is really not nice. But: NoCheat cannot detect X-ray. That's because it's not really possible to detect X-ray. There are some plugins who claim they can, but they only analyze logs from LogBlock and make a guess.
    For AntiGrief, use LogBlock or HawkEye. They will merge in the near future, though, so you have to make a little update- work there, but it's totally worth it.
    For MultiWorld, use MultiVerse. I use all of the three plugins on my server and they are awesome. My server is highly multiworld- based, so I know what I speak of. ;)
    For Economy, use iConomy. It has been around for quite a long time and is really reliable. If you plan to add user-buildable stores, use iConomyChestShop.
    NPCShops: Citizens. iConomyChestShop is NOT an NPC shop, it's just a chest with a sign. Citizens can spawn a real npc (like a player) with which you can trade.
    PlayerShops: iConomyChestShop.
    Mail: I personally use MineMail. It's lightweight and works.
    Door/Locked Chests: Use Lockette. It doesn't require a database and it's really easy for users to use.
    Announcements: /say? If you want random auto- announcements, use AutoMessage.
    Lottery: Don't know, sorry.
    Auction: Don't know, too. Sorry.
    DeathProtection: DeathTPPlus.

Also, I recommend you to use TeleConfirmLite, as players can /tp to others with a request.

Of course you'll need a permissions manager. I recommend bPermissions or PermissionsEx.

As you can see, most of the plugins you found are good.
    Also, nearly every plugin which isn't far too old will still work, they don't all need to have the [1.0.1-R1] tag. The last API change was some time ago, every plugin updated after that will still work even when it's in the Unsupported- Forum. Remember, though: If the Craftbukkit- team ever decides to change something again, the plugin will break and you're forced to search for an alternative.

WorldBoarder is still necessary. Neither Minecraft itself, nor any of your plugins can set a border for the world.

Also, a personal experience: Don't use Essentials since it puts it's nose into literally EVERYTHING. If you install a new plugin and it doesn't work, it's most probably essentials. If you install a new plugin and your /command doesn't work, it's most probably essentials claiming it on the highest priority level. In my opinion, it's always better to have a lot of plugins who are all easily customizable than a huge monster plugin with thousands and thousands of configurations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.