Question A few noobie questions

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Werty050, Sep 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Werty050

I only just started a white listed bukkit server for me and my friend, and have a few questions about running it.

1 - How do I give my self admin? I have tried putting in me and my friends username in the ops.jason file but it had no effect.

2 - Is there any way I can change my world to be a super flat?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
  2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Werty050
    1. Login the game, open the console, run /op <yourminecraftname>
    2. You need a world generator plugin for that, TerrainControl should be able to handle that just fine

3. Offline

Werty050

I tried you guild for op but it didn't work. It says that I don't have admin permisions, even when my name is in the ops.jason file.

4. Online

@Werty050 I said to run it from the console, the window that is your server.
    The ops.json file should contain uuid's, not player names

5. Offline

Werty050

I'm realy sorry for not knowing this, but by the console, do you mean the chat box where you type commands in-game or something else. Sorry for being such a noob. :'(

6. Online

@Werty050 The console is not in-game, the console is the window what shows the server startup logs etc. The window that controls it all, if home hosted: probably black with white letters, if not: you probably have a button on your control panel called "Console"

7. Offline

Werty050

After attempting this it is saying, "/op is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable or batch file".
    Im sorry can't fix it on my own :'(

8. Online

@Werty050 Home hosted or do you have a server host?
    If home hosted: you should have a cmd window open already, the one that shows server related stuff, use it there

9. Offline

Werty050

The cmd that shows my server stuff (Start.bat), won't let me type, as it will close as soon as it is finished starting the server, if you mean a differant cmd please tell me. I an very sorry for taking up your time...

10. Online

@Werty050 Then your server isn't starting either, delete the ops.json from the server, see if that will fix it.

11. Don't worry! We all started out that way ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.