A decent Chunk owning Plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by RustyDagger, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Offline

RustyDagger

Hello guys,

Today I would like to request A chunk Claim plugin. While the idea is nothing new I would like to have one that is updated and really simple to use with out being weird.

Here are some of the key features I am looking for in the plugin.

1. Simple commands
    /chunk buy
    /chunk sell
    /chunk add <name>
    /chunk del <name>

2. Permission nodes to limit How many chunks you can own.
    For example we have the base permission node. chunk. then because we are limiting the claim we could do chunk.limit. then a number after that for the limit this would save config space and just keep things simple to setup.

3. permission node to allow the ability to own unconnected chunks.
    claiming unconnected chunks should not be allowed by default.

4. All the normal anti-greifing stuff that you would expect Including inventory access. I don't need the over head of another plugin just to protect chests if its in their space it should be protected just like every thing else.

5. This is some thing different that I have not seen any others do Store the user data who owns what and the friends all in MYSQL why? its user data that means its storage requirements all be it small will scale with the amount of players. on large servers this is a potential problem because some "smart" server control panels delete files with out warning when space runs out.

6. Config setting for the cost to buy and sell chunks. maybe some toggles for some protection types maybe the chest protection in case others have other plugins and don't need the overlap.

Thanks for taking the time to read this If you do decide to make this please let me know. I am also willing to be a bounce wall for any extra ideas but as i said keep it simple no flashy welcome messages etc that's what signs are for...

2. Offline

Hoolean

I am working on something similar... Sorry, can't make this!

3. Offline

RustyDagger

Cool Cant wait I am so over protection stones counting out where to place them sucks and well... Not really fun the idea is simple but users still seem to struggle to understand the space it protects. I think that chunks are a more uniform thing and every one knows its 16x16 top to bottom so that would be better for my players.

4. Offline

Kiakaha

You should have a look at Grief Prevention. its made to be simple as heck. (place a chest . yay)

5. Offline

RustyDagger

Greif prevention has a very very large performance hit and it is more complex than that to make any decent sized region.