A counter to hacked Clients.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Kailvin, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Offline

Kailvin

As of late "Hacked clients" are emerging around minecraft that give the connected user OP privilges on a server basicly. A majority of servers run permissions. So how about a plugin that takes a certain action (Kick/Ban/Warn) and undo the command. If they are not a certain permission group or higher. In this way if someone joins and tries to use the /give command with there hacked client. They would instead not recieve anything and be kicked/banned or whatever. Simple as that. Recently some hackers attacked my server with these. I hope with a plugin like this we could combat these and stop hackers from harming our servers.

PS. I should mention that the ops text file is not modified by these hacks. They appear to emulate being an OP. I am not 100% sure of how they work and more info on that could not hurt.

2. Offline

Taco

If you know where someone could find the source, you could PM a download link to the source code to an experienced developer who's willing to take a crack at this. Don't post any downloads of this "hacked" client here.