A bit puzzled about my plugin

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Superior_Slime, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Superior_Slime

So my plugin has over 75K downloads... sounds good right?

I'm a little confued; I use MCStats with my plugin and compared to the amount of people who downloaded it, not many people use the plugin. Heck only just over half the people who downloaded the thing even started a server with it. The project page has barely any activity, but when I look at other plugins with less downloads (~20k) their MCStats displays loads of activty, there are loads of comments, etc.

I know it may be because the plugin is plain shit, or doesn't start on some people's servers -- but why wouldn't it? I'm building at Java 6, and obviously I know this sounds really whiny because I shouldn't be complaining but I'm a bit worried - is something inflating the downloads? is there an error I can't detect? Sorry if I sound like an ass but the level of inactivity puzzles me compared to the downloads it gets. I mean even more servers use the plugin than players do. I don't understand...

There is also another side to this with that being that there are no issues and nobody has anything to comment, but the stats tell a different story.

Again sorry if I sound whiny, I will be carrying out extensive testing to see if there's a bug not applicable to me, but does anyone have any ideas? I'm not asking people to debug my plugin, I will be doing that. I am just asking to see if there is a potential issue or why so few people use it compared to the downloads it has.
    (the plugin is BedHome)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.