A anti-griefing plugin in a vanilla style server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Desolater_IV, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Desolater_IV

The server I play on is looking to expand dramatically and we need a new player protection plugin. We are currently using Precious Stones which allows players to individually protect a plot of land with a diamond block.

The problem with this is people would place diamond blocks everywhere making it very hard to manage and control and people were not really working together as "clans".

We were thinking about replacing it with Factions, but when we brought up the idea half the server vowed to quit forever if we did...so now we are looking for something else...

any ideas?

2. Offline

brord

bigbrother >_>
    or u dont mean That plugins?

3. Offline

Pr4w

You can protect plots of land using WorldGuard. :)

4. Offline

OrtwinS

Worldguard could get VERY bothersome to manage, creating all those regions, and updating their members/owners... unless you use the /region claim function so they can 'buy' and trade plots of land themselves.

Personally, I'd go for LogBlock (BigBrother but more memory efficient), simply tell everyone griefing is forbidden and that grief=perma-ban. you can catch every griefer, and undo all the damage using a few simple commands.
    After your sever lost its rotten apples everyone simply knows griefing is not done. Works perfectly for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.