Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by OMG_Tobias, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

OMG_Tobias

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  2. Offline

MrGeneralQ

I'll do this. should be done in just a few minutes.

OMG_Tobias likes this.
  3. Offline

bryansolis13

I was attempting something like that but where the play could add there own words to a config and if any words they added to the config would be highlighted in chat. Didnt get to finish since there was a bug and it was a side project

OMG_Tobias likes this.
  4. Offline

OMG_Tobias

5. Offline

MrGeneralQ

OMG_Tobias likes this.
  6. Offline

OMG_Tobias

7. Offline

MrGeneralQ

I'll fix that.

OMG_Tobias likes this.
  8. Offline

BlockHeads36

@OMG_Tobias I have seen this on many servers, but never actually found a plugin... I would love to use it if that is okay with you

9. Offline

OMG_Tobias

10. Offline

BlockHeads36

11. Offline

I Al Istannen

@MrGeneralQ
    Put the listeners in the "me.mrgeneralq.ph" package. Name conflicts greet you otherwise :p

And may want to restore the color after the name. I think ChatColor.getLastColors(String) with the substring from 0 to the playername index could help you with that.

== Offtopic ==
    I also apologize for the config manager, had some work with my main project (here). And my english exchange partner is here currently, so I will vanish for a week probably. I already added it it my todo list for after that.
    (If you still want to see it by then)

MrGeneralQ likes this.
  12. Offline

MrGeneralQ

I appreciate your answer and your feedback. I would love to see the custom config, but please take as many time as you need. No need to rush. And i'll try a few things.

@BlockHeads36 , thats perfectly fine.
    @OMG_Tobias , I will take a look to fix it, but it could take a little longer then expected. Personal issues occured suddenly which I prefer to not give you the details about it. Nothing personal :/

Hope you understand.

OMG_Tobias likes this.
  13. Offline

OMG_Tobias

14. Offline

I Al Istannen

@MrGeneralQ
    Honestly the best way to do this plugin is intercepting the outgoing chat packets, converting them back to a normal String using the ChatSerializer and then coloring and apply it back to the packet.

The other way would be much harder, as you would need to add support for many different plugins, which change the chat format for every player (e.g. faction colours the faction tag depending on your relation (enemy, ally, neutral)).

So good luck with that!

OMG_Tobias likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.