(3rd party) Plugin control and configuration setup

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by nidzzllll-, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Offline

nidzzllll-

Oh Hai
    I'm looking for a plugin/tool, which can be in-game or run as software that will let you setup simple configurations for most of the popular minecraft plugins. I tried to learn about coding and how the plugins read data from other plugins but failed - hard. So i split my request into two parts;

# plugincfg*.yml Configuration tool (GUI)
    - You point the tool to your server root folder and it searches for the commonly used plugins and configuration files.
    - It lists all the (predefined) flags that can be adjusted per plugin and let's you adjust them.
    For example with essentials config.yml, it would list 'teleport-delay', the value in the file and let's you adjust it depending on how long you want the delay to be. Other flags can be for 'spawn-protection' True/False etc.
    - After you gone through whatever you adjusted, it backups your files (optimal) and then saves your changes to the config files.

# Ingame/console config setup menu (textbased)
    - You activate 'this config setup plugin' and tell it what plugin needs adjusting.
    As in /cfgtool essentials/config.yml
    - It searches the first non-comment line (teleport-delay), shows the current value then let's you (/cfgtool 10) set the new value or just skip to the next line.
    - /cfgtool write/redraw to write the new settings to the config file or just redraws your changes and leaves the file untouched.

Obviously both of these options only lets you play around in config files that the tool/plugin actually knows the formatting etc of. If there are changes in the config layout/new plugins it would need to be updated.

The goal is to make plugin configuration easier not only for newcomers but also for admins that don't want to go through every single line of configfile everytime plugins update. I am sure bukkit/minecraft will take care of that soon™.. .
    If such a 'thing' already exists I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.