-

Discussion in 'Resources' started by zombiekiller753, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RawCode

IDragonfire
    Reflection based mapping is costly and inefficient, it wont fly especially in forTick or forFrame cases.

Compilation of bytecode for arbitrary methods\fields ignoring JRE rules and checks (yes yes special case "i want compile class with errors") is beyond skill of anyone here.
    bukkit team uses such "feature" to keep legacy methods and compile classes ignoring ambiguous rule.

2. Offline

IDragonfire

I wish my english skills are better xD I though for something like preCompilng ... Or you call it pre convert with a srg or table in the background, like forge ... not runtime bytecode manipulation ...(reflection is not enough, if i rember correctly they use asm or javassit to modify method calls on the fly) atm i have a little script that replace the packet name (a simple replaceall xd) https://github.com/IDragonfire/DragonBukkitPluginUpdater ...

3. Offline

Europia79

I'm a noob developer and I found it extremely easy to update NMS code. ...I was about to say that I had no problems whatsoever... but I did remember this weird problem https://forums.bukkit.org/threads/c...mediately-after-spawning.153216/#post-2520787

Sweet. I still play warcraft3.

I was actually going to suggest/ask zombiekiller753 to explain some of the methodologies he uses to figure out what the fields mean. He seems pretty articulate and a good writer. I think he could do a good job (assuming he has the time to invest).

I still remember what my college English profession said in 2001: When you're writing, you want to to consider two things: your purpose and your target audience.

As such, when we consider the purpose of this thread: I think the tag should be [Reference] instead of [Expert]

zombiekiller753 hopefully, you don't take offense to my suggestion: I'm just throwing ideas out there for you. But it's your thread. Thanks for the info btw! Keep up the good work!

4. Offline

zombiekiller753

-

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  5. Offline

zombiekiller753

-

6. Offline

IDragonfire

7. Offline

zombiekiller753

-

8. Offline

IDragonfire

9. Offline

zombiekiller753

-

10. Offline

IDragonfire

And then you copy bad code and make the same mistake twice or more ...
    Most web apps are terrible, but there are working ...
    My english is bad, but I can communicate ...
    Publicate the code helps to improve yourself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.