Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by elementalgodz11, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

elementalgodz11

2. Offline

Blingdaddy1

add an @Override above the @EventHandler

3. Offline

The_Doctor_123

4. Offline

Scyntrus

Your code is not teleporting people in the air. Your code is actually setting their y velocity really high so they get shot into the air. AntiCheat is fine with teleporting, but is not okay with increasing velocity, since it would be very hard to differentiate between a plugin increasing the velocity and a player speedhacking.

5. Offline

JRL1004

elementalgodz11 You could give the player the permissions temporarily needed to (as Scyntrus said) "speedhack" immediately before accelerating them then remove the permission when the player lands. It could easily be done with ConsoleSender (I believe).

EDIT: Just have console send a command giving the player the perms then another reming the perms when they land.

NathanWolf likes this.
  6. Offline

Scyntrus

That could potentially leave an exploit where players could speedhack for the brief moment when they have their permissions. Although I doubt you could do much with that. Why not just outright teleport the player into the air? I find setting velocity really buggy to begin with.

7. Offline

JRL1004

Scyntrus It could be potentially exploitable but wouldn't speedhacking (which I assume just means speeding up everything the client does) make them fall faster and cause them to lose the perm sooner and at about the same location where they are needed to land? If so the the exploit is fairly self-correcting.

8. Offline

Scyntrus

No, speed hacking in this sense is not making the game tick faster, its just setting the velocity of your player client side.

9. Offline

JRL1004

Scyntrus We could be mistaken about assuming it is speedhack. He is also adding the the player's Y velocity which could cause his anti-hack plugin to interpret the movement and flyhack. Any thoughts? (This just came into my head so I brought it up.)

10. Offline

Scyntrus

I have no idea what you're trying to say. I was merely pointing out from a developer standpoint that disabling a part of anticheat for even a short time could potentially introduce vulnerabilities in your code. The risk is small, but it's just something you should consider. I'm not here to debate the definition of speedhack and flyhack.

11. Offline

JRL1004

Scyntrus Fair enough. I was not bringing it up to debate, I only wanted to make sure others were aware that flyhack could also become an issue for elementalgodz11

elementalgodz11 That's an idea right there. I got you a link to the gravitational constants (however I am not sure of their exactness). Perhap you could use them to calculate needed air time (but you will need to compensate of missing blocks, like if the player is flung off a cliff).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  12. Offline

xize

hmm I'm not sure though but ive read something about a sort of glitch against fly kicks maybe it also works on anticheat?
    before you use the velocity set the player on fly, then use the velocity and set fly mode to false ive seen this on double jump plugins but though I geuss its not the safest workaround because you allow a player to fly in that moment.

13. Offline

Garris0n

AntiCheat should be invalidating on a velocity event to avoid this, and iirc it does.

Also, I'd recommend using NoCheatPlus over AntiCheat personally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.