Solved 1.8 particle packet update

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Ward1246, Sep 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ward1246

One Packet that I need for a plugin PacketPlayOutWorldParticles, is outdated when I updated a plugin to 1.8. I am looking for the 1.8 versions of this. Any help is much appreciated. I have done many searches but nothing has shown up.

I found out that I had to remove my old imports, then add the new ones, but after that, it says that I need to remove arguments to match PacketPlayOutWorldParticles, I still need a way around this. Upon making the new import of PacketPlayOutEntityDestroy, there were no errors, so that should be good. CraftEntity and CraftPlayer have no errors as well.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Offline

ShadowLAX

@Ward1246 Have you checked the argument differences between the two? A common error is the first argument, which has changed from a string to an EnumParticle.

3. Offline

Ward1246

Didn't see that thanks, now there is no error, and from what I tried it must look like this:
    Code:
    PacketPlayOutWorldParticles packet = new PacketPlayOutWorldParticles(EnumParticle.REDSTONE, isEnabled(), (float) player.getLocation().getX(), (float) player.getLocation().getY(), (float) player.getLocation().getZ(), 4, 1, 0, 1, 0, null);
    Will test everything now.

Forgot to update. Thanks again for your help! Got everything updated.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.