[1.3] Armor type changes Player Movement Speed

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by bikboii, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Offline

bikboii

Hello, I'm starting an adventure themed server for 1.3, and I'd like to have a plugin that stops people that stand outside of spawn from using PvP on all the newcomers. I'd like to do this by making people with full diamond armor and a diamond sword move slower, and other things like leather armor and a bow may make the archer move faster and shoot faster, etc...

Here's the basic idea of it:

• Diamond Armor - Always makes player move at 7/10 the speed.
      • Holding a bow - takes 1.3x longer to shoot.
    • Iron Armor - Makes players move at 8/10 the speed.
      • Holding a bow - takes 1.2x longer to shoot
    • Gold Armor - Makes player move at 9/10 the speed.
      • Holding a bow - No difference.
    • Leather Armor - Makes player move at normal speed.
      • Holding a bow - When aiming, can move at normal speed, can shoot 1.2x faster.
    Thanks!

2. Offline

Codex Arcanum

This is, if not impossible, *really* difficult. Minecraft doesn't really do granular speed changes. The closest you could get is applying a slowness 1 effect to the player.

3. Offline

bikboii

Could you edit the amount of slowness that the potion effect puts on you? Maybe that would be easier than editing player speed in general. I don't know though.

4. Offline

Codex Arcanum

Well, no. Minecraft (without spout), just doesn't do that kind of small movement change well.

5. Offline

izak12345678910

More Physics can do the armor slowness and such

6. Offline

xEpicTaco

If MorePhysics could do that, then it is obviously possible, but he may not like that plugin, so I like this idea. Unfortunately, I'm busy and looking for easy plugins >.<. Anyway, I hope someone better comes along and helps you :p

7. Offline

bikboii

Thank you; if anyone can recreate the effects of MorePhysics in terms of armor effects, I'd really appreciate it.

8. Offline

WarmakerT

player.setWalkingSpeed();

9. Offline

WaffleOnABike