1.3.1 Plugin developer needed

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Buily, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Buily

Looking to make a oldschool 1.3.1 server but I need help setting it all up.

Here is the problem, I know exactly how I want this server but I have no clue on how to pull any of it off. I have no experience with coding or even hosting a server. I think i'm going to end up renting an 8gb server through an online host and running with it from there.

The plugins/commands I need developed for the 1.3.1 version of Minecraft (I dont know what bukkit version that is...) include

-PvPSoup (When a player eats soup there is no eating animation they are automatically healed)
    -/Set Home
    -/Home
    -/TPA
    -/Spawn
    -Enconomy (Buy and sell items/earn money through selling and pvp kills)
    -Factions (Ill probably need help configuring it)
    -Permissions (Ill need help configuring it)
    -Somehow set a size limit on the world

-Most likely more will be needed down the road but we will see where things go.

Here's why 1.3.1
    IMO Minecraft went to sh*t after this update and it has only gone down hill from there. I remember getting home from school and getting online to have countless hours of fun with friends pvping, raiding, grinding xp, and mining. I really miss that, so, i'm trying to build a small community that can enjoy the old game I love and so many other do too.

Not only do I need a developer but I need someone who is experienced with running a server that can lend a hand and guide this to success.

Please get in touch with me here or in a pm if you're interested in helping. I really want this to work out.

Thanks!

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Buily Nobody is able to build for that. Way too old.

3. Offline

Buily

@timtower How far back would it be possible to go?

4. Online

@Buily Most won't even go back to 1.8.8

5. Offline

Buily

@timtower so it is possible to go back to 1.3.1 but people just don't want to? Is there a way to hire a professional developer to do it?

6. Online

@Buily Bukkit is a hobby, there are no actual professionals.
    Just good people.

The biggest issue is that we need a Bukkit.jar for that version, and probably the javadocs.
    I don't even know if Bukkit went that far back.

7. Offline

Buily

@timtower

This is the 1.3.2 build right here, after further research this is what i'll be using because its the patched version of 1.3.1

https://bukkit.org/threads/craftbukkit-1-3-2-r3-0-is-now-available.107592/

What else would a developer need to be able to code for this version. Thanks for the help so far :)

Still looking for a helping hand, anyone that has knowledge on the topic feel free to contact me.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2017
  8. Offline

Sploon

The major problem with building a plugin on older versions is that if something goes wrong, it's nearly impossible to get help (google, ask around etc). Plus, since it's an older API, it's harder to figure things out - many methods from 1.3 have since been depreciated or removed, so it's not always clear (looking at today's javadocs) what to use.

9. Offline

Buily

@Sploon @timtower so could there be a compromise and have someone build on 1.8.9 (Sot there is no dual wield) but use a plugin to eliminate the use of a selection of items?

10. Online

@Buily NoItem might work for you then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.