1.1 Dev Build

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by protector, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

protector

It appears the latest dev build is making everywhere snow on my server, Seems quite strange.

Is anyone else experiencing this also or have i done something terribly wrong haha :p

-Pro

2. Offline

Switch0r

Yeah it snowing much more in 1.1
    But i like snow :D

3. Offline

protector

Much more is fine, but for everything to be covered in snow is just intense :p

4. Offline

PseudoKnight

That was part of the update. It's not a bug. There were biomes that were supposed to be snowing but weren't. Now it's fixed.

5. Offline

VashM16

Which dev build is it?
    I want to go to there.

6. Offline

nmacholl

Using the most recent dev build some areas aren't covered is now but the water is forming ice. Is this normal?

7. Offline

PseudoKnight

The next time it precipitates in that location, it will snow.

8. Offline

Darkaegis

I'm actually getting snow in the desert in my original pre 1.0 world. It's like my seed has been corrupted but I can't fix it by rolling back to an older version of level.dat.

I guess I can eventually get used to it, but it looks incredibly odd that my desert castle is covered in snow.

9. Offline

Tanite

Our older worlds have this as well. Since biomes are calculated from the seed, every time they make changes to the default world generation you will get these issues. It also screws up your ability to //regen (WorldEdit) those worlds back to their original untouched state. You can also use WorldGuard to stop snow formation in your old worlds and you can manually de-thaw sections of it to make it look like it used to. You can't stop the server from thinking your desert is not Taiga (or w/e) and coloring grass/trees thusly but you can at least stop the snow from building up, and if you turn off weather in those worlds you'll never see snow fall there in the wrong places obviously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.