1.0 Server Memory Leak

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Kfperin, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Kfperin

Hello everyone,
    Ever since I updated to the new 1.0 server version of minecraft for my server, I've noticed that there seems to be a huge memory leak occurring. I'm running a MC server with 4.5GB of Ram. Before 1.0 came out, we could run the server with 3+ unlimited worlds, plus nether's and etc, with a server population of between 30-40 people online at once at times, average being 25. When we did this, our RAM never got near the 4.5GB mark. We could leave it on for hours and even up to a day without any error.

Ever since I updated the main .jar file from Minecraft.net, I've been experiencing out of memory crashes after the server runs for just 1 hour. It can barely withstand 20 players on a temp map. I am running on a bukkit dev build at the moment, with a few outdated plugins, but it worries me that even without bukkit we had issues like this after we updated.

Is anyone else experiencing a huge memory leak on their server? A reassurance of this problem being recognized or reported somewhere would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kfperin
    -Apologies if this is a re-post. I couldn't find any other information like this one around.

2. Offline

MikeA

This is happening to me also, every since I updated to a 1.0.0 dev build. This is the first time in 6 months that my server has been unstable as shit, it's quite annoying. Leaping over 8GB memory usage after 30 minutes of it being up is terrible, mostly with under 20 players online.

3. Offline

nebenezer

Yep, it's not just you. I can't even play alone on my server for an hour before it gets so laggy I have to restart my client.

Also I've found that having other programs open slows me down alot now, especially Chrome.

*edit- Just logged into my control panel and had a notice to update to MC server 1.01.. My client still says 1.0.0

I've been playing for a bit now with filezilla and chrome open, all is good. Memory management seems to have improved. Flying around I see usage fluctuate between 105 and 215mb. Standing for a bit letting chunks load up I'm down to ~130.. good stuff :D

4. Offline

undefinedarray

i've been doing fine, better in 1.0.0 then 1.8.1, i've had 20 players with only 1.5 gig dedicated. and 0% lag, coulda had even more

5. Offline

Kfperin

My server is still using a whole lot of RAM. I decided to do some troubleshooting yesterday by using only vanilla minecraft (No Bukkit), being the new 1.0.1 server version. With the default server, it only lasted around 1 hour with a range of 8-12 players being on at once. It ate up all 4.5GB of RAM within that hour. I also disabled all monsters/animals afterward and the server still couldn't last over an hour. I will have to try and make a new map, and see if the error is map related.

Anyone else experiencing a problem like this?

Thanks for the replies,
    -Kfperin

6. Offline

xxxkilldogxxx

Ive noticed a massive memory leak in the new 1.0 build also, ive tweeted to craftbukkit and they never replyed so i suspect they know about this and are working on trying to fix it soon :/

I think are best chances are keep updating with they newest builds and pray it gets better if not we are gonna have to fork out some more money and upgrade or shutdown.

:(

7. Offline

MikeA

I recently got a new Dedicated Server with 16GB DDR3 RAM and this issue was no more! Apparently my old server with 8GB RAM just couldn't handle the amount of plugins, plus the buggy dev builds of Bukkit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.