Wolves and Oceolots not spawning

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Benlewis9000, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Benlewis9000

I have had this problem for a long time now, on this server and past servers, even with different hosts and on local servers. Wolves and Oceolots don't seem to spawn! I have triple checked the Essentials config, not found anything, and the only other spawn affecting plugin I have is GreifPrevention, which doesn't cover it either.

Does anyone have any solutions or know about this issue?

Bukkit is on 1.7.9

2. Offline

17xDillz1997

U tried with spawn eggs?

3. Offline

Benlewis9000

@17xDillz1997
    Well, yes, that works, but I mean naturally. I can't go around to every single player spawning them in animals.

4. Offline

17xDillz1997

Lol xD.

So you've tried going to biomes and seeing it?

5. Offline

Benlewis9000

6. Offline

Bobcat00

Hit F3 and make sure the biomes are correct. Do you have WorldEdit? Perhaps someone changed the biome types.

7. Offline

Benlewis9000

@Bobcat00
    The biomes are all correct. I searched all Taiga and Forest biomes nearby the spawn and found nothing.

8. Offline

17xDillz1997

Possibly try a plugin for spawn rates and see if it changes

9. Offline

Bobcat00

List all your plugins.

10. Offline

Shaggy67

What version of Bukkit were you on when you originally created the world? I've seen discussion that some worlds created with older versions of minecraft that are then run on newer versions of the server can have some issues like this (I think it's a vanilla minecraft bug).

I've got a couple worlds that were originally created with 1.6.2. One of them I've never seen spawn a wolf but it spawns ocelots OK. Another one I've never seen either wolves or ocelots spawn. Other worlds that were created with a more recent version (running on the same server, same plugins) spawn both of them just fine.

Edit: Or maybe it was worlds created in single player that were then copied to a server?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.