When will CraftBukkit for 1.4 be released?

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

Update (Oct 27 @ 10:24 PM EST): We've just pushed out our first CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.4.2 development build, see this post for more information.

--------------------------

With the Minecraft 1.4 release date fast approaching, a lot of people are wondering when we will be releasing a CraftBukkit Recommended Build for Minecraft 1.4. We hope this short announcement will answer those questions.

Due to the rapid release of preview builds for the impending 1.4 update, we are unable to guarantee that we'll have a compatible CraftBukkit Recommended Build out in time for the release of Minecraft 1.4.2. Although we started working on the update immediately after the Minecraft 1.4 preview was made available to the public, each new preview build leads to delays in our update process as we, essentially, need to start over with each one.

In the past releasing a Recommended Build has caused apparent confusion within the community, as a result for this release, and moving forward, we will follow the "Dev -> Beta -> Recommended Build" release methodology. We are going to release a Beta build as soon as we can get a stable build devoid of any significant bugs.

As we have done a significant amount of important work on CraftBukkit 1.3.2 builds, we have promoted a new Recommended Build recently. This was done so that people have a reliable, stable build to use until we can get a 1.4 compatible build out and so that everyone who relies on Recommended Builds are able to take advantage of all the fixes, improvements and so on we've done since the last 1.3.2 RB.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support; we greatly appreciate it!

2. Offline

Arcetla

any idea of the exact release date/time ?
    i can't wait XD
    but i'm sure you guys are working hard

3. Offline

EvilTelephone

Incredible. Just incredible. I've seen some whining on the Internet, but I think this one takes the damn cake. Thank you, SpEcZzGaming for coming on here and taking a big dump on the comments section for all to see. I'm sure everyone here really appreciates it.

4. Offline

EdwinRophe

Read the thread

5. Offline

batbat

Did you read the thread?

Short answer,.... no.

6. Offline

Praqoon

Agreed 100%. Mojang should make an offer to buy Bukkit then rename CraftBukkit which then becomes vanilla Minecraft. :D

Never forget... BUKKIT ROXXX more so than vanilla Minecraft ever will!

grid21 likes this.
  7. Offline

GRPGamer

*cough* Read my post earlier.

How hard is it, there isn't a ETA, there is no exact, if they had one, they would have said by now.

8. Offline

FNG Nation

Indeed, like maybe rename the previous mc jar to minecraft-1.3.2.jar or whatever and using that upon 1.3.2 server load, or even if a restart of mc is needed to switch to join older server, so be it. Better than downgrading then when done upgrading as a user.

9. Offline

spydercanopus

Could someone please link the mojang.com post for the last 1.3.2 build that worked? They normally have a jar that allows people to revert if updated accidentally and I'd like to share it.

10. Offline

RebzO1

looks like ill be playing battlefield for the next week or so :p

11. Offline

Arcetla

GRPgamer i mean is it a 1 day issue of 2 weeks ?

12. Offline

Toxic__Waste

13. Offline

GRPGamer

I would think the dev will be out in about maybe 2 days, and the reccomended maybe a week or 2, but I have no clue, it could only be 10 minutes, or 1 month, depends on the errors they find, so never hold me to it!

14. Offline

phondeux

Give them at least a week. Last time it took them a week to have an unstable build ready.

15. Offline

Chaositic

This isn't exactly what you asked for but this is a way to downgrade your minecraft.jar to the version you want. Simply go here: Minecraft Version Changer and follow the instructions for downloading. If you have problems running the MVC.jar, look on page 29 near the bottom for quoted instructions.

Cheers.

Also, I'm sorry if this linking isn't allowed. I just wanted to help. :)

MegaNarwhal likes this.
  16. Offline

lenis0012

100% agreed
    they did this in 1.2

in 1.3 it was done in 2 days

17. Offline

MegaNarwhal

Minecraft would be nothing without Bukkit... I don't understand why they even do prereleases if they're just going to do a bunch more directly after, right before the release date. [zombie] Kind of defeats the purpose: "to prepare modders and server admins[...]"

18. Offline

StalePhish

http://assets.minecraft.net/1_3_2/minecraft.jar
    Just change the "1_3_2" to some other version if you would like anything other than 1.3.2. I am very against 3rd party "version changing" applications because they could be very prone to viruses and potentially break the terms of service.

spydercanopus likes this.
  19. Offline

Morlanius

Word has it that there has been a serious accident involving creepers, the bukkit staff and a large quantity of carrots .... There may never be an update again ....

Praqoon and GRPGamer like this.
  20. Offline

phondeux

No it wasn't, go look at the thread; they began work on July 26th and the RB was released on August 7th. That's nearly two weeks.

[edit] Sorry, an unstable dev build was released on the 29th and it had game-breaking bugs. The first real RB was released on August 7th.

21. Offline

GRPGamer

Yes, Reccomended, not Development

22. Offline

phondeux

Edited my update;
    An unstable dev build was released on the 29th and it had game-breaking bugs. The first real RB was released on August 7th.

23. Offline

TnT

There was a dev build out in under 2 days. Recommended builds are an entirely different story.

Remember, it is entirely up to you what you choose to use. Just make sure you take good backups regulardless of whether you choose to use RB's, Beta's, or Dev builds.

24. Offline

GRPGamer

I usually use dev builds, and backup my server into a zip on my harddrive

25. Offline

phondeux

Not to drag this argument out but if you look at the 1.3 announce thread you can see it was stated that development began on the 26th and the development release came out on the 29th.

That said, most of the major plugin developers refused to release updated plugins because the development release was so unstable. In my case my server is pretty much unusable without Multiverse and I tried to limp by using the development version of it but it was basically game-breaking.

26. Offline

GRPGamer

Most plugins work with new releases, well, that is in my case.

27. Offline

GarretSidzaka

yeah just get the dev build out, and we will get you bukkiteers all the juicy bugs

28. Offline

phondeux

I agree. At least half the plugins I use on my server are custom-made and written so that they are flexible enough to survive most updates. Plugins like WorldEdit and Multiverse seem to really need to wait until a stable release is available.

29. Offline

Chillax

Omg im waiting for this~!!!!!

30. Offline

TnT

I also hate to drag this out, but I will:
    The first 1.3.1 Dev Build: August 2, 10 AM, 2012
    Mojang releases 1.3.1: August 1, 2012

Sources: http://dl.bukkit.org and http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history

My server also runs Multiverse, and I was able to update to the first dev build. Backups, they are important.

31. Offline

lenis0012

i never use the first dev build i allways start at the 3rd or 4th, so that the major bugs are fixed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.