What is causing the lag ?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Luwiego, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Luwiego

My server is very laggy, even if there 5~10 people. Theres really a problem in the server... For example 5 players online with these plugin (bPermissions, SWatchdog, Ptweaks, PlugMan, PlgLogCmd, iConomy, xAuth, Vault, LWC, bChatManager, Regios, Essentials, Jobs, EssentialsSpawn
    ) and this is the ram usage...
    19:34:53 [INFO] Maximum memory: 3,275 MB
    19:34:53 [INFO] Allocated memory: 3,275 MB
    19:34:53 [INFO] Free memory: 850 MB

How can 5 players and a small map use so much memory, is it a glitch, maybe the plugins cause it?

2. Offline

vapid2323

What are the server specs, memory only plays one part.

3. Offline

Luwiego

Internet - 100mbps
    RAM - 4GB
    CPU - 8Ghz

4. Offline

andrewpo

Post the entire output of the " gc " command please, not just the memory - also need the loaded chunks in each world and the entities.

5. Offline

Luwiego

Ok i get this with only 6 players online.....
    Maximum memory: 3,134 MB
    11:12:14 [INFO] Allocated memory: 3,134 MB
    11:12:14 [INFO] Free memory: 2,283 MB
    11:12:14 [INFO] World "world": 1162chunks,331entities
    11:12:14 [INFO] Nether "world_nether": 256chunks,78entities
    11:12:14 [INFO] World "world_the_end": 256chunks,15entities

And with these plugins - bPermissions, SWatchdog, Ptweaks, PlugMan, PlgLogCmd, iConomy, xAuth, Vault, LWC, bChatManager, Regios, Essentials, Jobs, EssentialsSpawn​

6. Offline

andrewpo

Ok, that seems fine and shouldn't cause any issues.

Try disabling ALL plugins on your server - do you still get the lag?

Since you don't have that many plugins - re enable them one by one.

Also don't run an offline mode server (indicated by the presence of the xAuth plugin), it's how most "0mg i w4z hakked" problems occur.

7. Offline

vapid2323

Ok you need to figure out the REAL values not just make them up.

My guess is that you are saying 100mpbs because thats what your NIC or Router can do, do a proper speed test and then post back www.speedtest.net

Also that number for the CPU is not real unless you have a bunch of liquid nitrogen running as cooling.

We cant help you unless you know the information your giving us is true.

zipron and andrewpo like this.
  8. Offline

Luwiego

Im giving the info that my host is giving.

9. Offline

andrewpo

Unless your host is the US Military, I doubt you have an 8GHz processor in your server.
    The server may have two 4GHz processors, but an 8GHz processor is not available commercially.

10. Offline

Luwiego

Well it is ~3,5 * 2, so maybe two 3,5 proccesors?

HELP.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  11. Offline

Luwiego

Ok, it looks like when the server reaches 12 players, and some more people connect to the server it crashes..
    I really dont understand whats going on.... I used /ram just before the crash and it showed that theres about +2.5Gigs unused but it still crashed..... I think its because plugin conflict or something... Plugin list - bPermissions, SWatchdog, Ptweaks, PlugMan, PlgLogCmd, WorldEdit, VanishNoPacket, CommandBook, PvPTime, Vault, Hawk, AntiCreeper3, TreeAssist, bChatManager, NarrowtuxLib, Regios, iConomy, AuthMe, Showcase, OpenInv, Lockette, NoCheat, AutoAnnouncer, Jobs, MobCatcher.

12. Offline

Pr4w

Which version of iConomy are you using ? There used to be a /money top issue that would crash the server.
    Try removing PTweaks, see if that helps.
    Also, what command are you using to launch the server ? Too many Java flags end up slowing it down instead of speeding it up.

13. Offline

Luwiego

I use this for my remote server - screen java -Xmx3584M -Xms3584M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui &, i also have got few times java too much open files error.Please help me.
    Btw I have the newst iconomy so /money top doesnt crash the server.

14. Offline

7cardcha

Yeah no 8ghz for you. You could do that commercially with non stop liquid nitro.

Now I doubt everything you say because of that.

If it's a linux server run these commands and post the output.

free -m

cat /proc/cpuinfo

15. Offline

Pr4w

Remove the -Xms3584M flag, and try adding -Xincgc ... You're basically telling Java "Start with 3.5G of Ram use, and don't use more than 3.5G"

16. Offline

imaxorz

/money help also seems to lag the serve, even with the latest 6.0.10b

Also, your MySQL is on the same machine as the server, right?

17. Offline

Luwiego

Code:
                total      used      free    shared    buffers    cached
    Mem:          5120      3898      1221          0          0          0
    -/+ buffers/cache:      3898      1221
    Swap:            0          0          0
    root@d20:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor      : 0
    vendor_id      : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model          : 30
    model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU        870  @ 2.93GHz
    stepping        : 5
    cpu MHz        : 2935.095
    cache size      : 8192 KB
    physical id    : 0
    siblings        : 8
    core id        : 0
    cpu cores      : 4
    apicid          : 0
    fpu            : yes
    fpu_exception  : yes
    cpuid level    : 11
    wp              : yes
    flags          : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc ida nonstop_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm
    bogomips        : 5870.19
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes  : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management: [8]

processor      : 1
    vendor_id      : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model          : 30
    model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU        870  @ 2.93GHz
    stepping        : 5
    cpu MHz        : 2935.095
    cache size      : 8192 KB
    physical id    : 0
    siblings        : 8
    core id        : 1
    cpu cores      : 4
    apicid          : 2
    fpu            : yes
    fpu_exception  : yes
    cpuid level    : 11
    wp              : yes
    flags          : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc ida nonstop_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm
    bogomips        : 5869.96
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes  : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management: [8]

Testing the new command startup line now.
    I dont have any plugin thats requires mysql.

EDIT : It still crashes :/ Can the server.log be the problem ? Because its even too big to be opened :D Server.log size (700mb)

18. Offline

Pr4w

Could be... Try renaming it, and let a new server.log generate.
    If it's that big, I'm guessing console flood... Are you getting errors in your server.log ?

19. Offline

Cicadia

Luwiego, is your host provider package a dedicated server, or a shared host? The problem is most likely at your own server, but there's a slight chance an unexperienced server op is running a gigantic server on the same host machine as you are.

Another thing you need to keep in mind is that your internet speed between you and the server is limited to the lowest speed on both ends. For example:

If you have a 10mbps down stream speed, and your server has a greater value, the speed is limited to 10mps.

You should also take note that there's more to the speed than just one number. There is an up stream speed, too, which is commonly quite low on home computers.

20. Offline

Luwiego

Once i got console spammed by too many open java files or something...
    I can`t do anything about hosting provider internet speed :/

21. Offline

Cicadia

That's normal, don't worry. Keep watching the console for spammed errors, or warning messages.

22. Offline

Luwiego

Its stange because, i get 3 messages when i run the server, then console is clear and at some point its spamming it again :/

23. Offline

imaxorz

Are all of your plugins up to date? Did this start to happen when you changed or added a plugin?

Try posting what your server.log says before it crashes.

24. Offline

Luwiego

18:12:30 [INFO] Read timed out
    18:16:21 [INFO] Connection reset
    18:24:39 [INFO] Connection reset
    Just get this.

25. Offline

imaxorz

Probably a plugin hanging up the server. Are all of your plugins up-to date?

26. Offline

Cicadia

If a plugin hangs up on a server, it commonly freezes the entire server to the point where absolutely nothing can happen. Based on his "read timed out" error, it looks like Bukkit was actually able to do some reading work. If a plugin hung up, it wouldn't even be able to read data while it waited for the plugin to finish it's perpetual lagg.

Where you see "Read timed out", the connection to the client is waiting to read data, and fails to complete the action. This happens when the socket between the game and server is broken. So you'd have to explore how it was broken: IP changing, client freezing (which seems unlikely to happen, where more than one client disconnects), network card failure, server reset, possible virus... the possibilites are large.

I hope you can find a resolution!

27. Offline

imaxorz

Get on your server. Make a 10 million block selection with WE and set it to air. (not in fast mode) I can gureantee you the server will "hang" and you will get "Read Timed Out" in console.

I think it's some plugin that does something and "locks up" the server.

28. Offline

Luwiego

When i get the read time out, the server crashes, the console doesnt respond to any command, i have manually to kill the proccess from host website.

29. Offline

KakusCraft

number of players /= memory usage

number of chunks loaded = memory usage.

40 players stay in one spot will use less memory than 10 players spread accross the map

my suggestion : get a border plugin, limit the map to 5000

30. Offline

Luwiego

It happens with only few players online...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.