What are Teams?

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Phasesaber, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Phasesaber

Today I noticed http://dev.bukkit.org/teams/ , and I was wondering if there were any guidelines to creating teams.
    Are teams only for moderators, or can anyone have one?

Is there a minimum amount of people to have in a team?

2. Offline

chaseoes

3. Offline

Phasesaber

4. Offline

Kassestral

I recently just applied to get my new team TinyPixel to be approved :3 Hopefully it gets approved then can start some big projects with fellow Bukkit Enthusiasts!

5. Offline

TnT

Please note, "Teams" barely work and are prone to quite a few flaws. It was meant to be an experimental feature, not a production ready addition to CurseForge.

I would ask that people refrain from using this feature, its really not ready to be used.

6. Offline

Phasesaber

TnT What 'flaws' might there be? There aren't a lot of features for it.

7. Offline

TnT

Really would rather not get into the details. It doesn't actually do anything though, so you're really not missing out.

8. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Well, you gotta see what fails before you start to fix them, so theoretically, the more hype, the faster you can find bugs, and fix them.

Phasesaber likes this.
  9. Offline

Skye

I think liking cats is a prerequisite for forming a team.

Hoolean, Phasesaber, _LB and 2 others like this.
  10. Offline

Phasesaber

Makes sense.
    I already like cats :3

mbaxter likes this.
  11. Phasesaber Of course you do, it's the internet. the people of the internet love 'em some good cats.

And I think the point TnT was making was that there's no real use for teams, nor can a justified use for them be seen, so they don't work on them.

12. Offline

PandazNWafflez

tl;dr of this thread: teams are useless

13. Offline

Phasesaber

AdamQpzm
    Not necessarily, teams can be used to show a group working on a project.

14. Offline

PandazNWafflez

Phasesaber or you just add all the people as authors for the project, hence making teams useless.

AdamQpzm likes this.
  15. Offline

Phasesaber

16. Phasesaber Key word: Justified ;) Because of the above, it's not worth Bukkit's time to get it working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.