Using Achievements

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by bobthefish, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bobthefish

Hi, Im thinking about creating a plugin that uses minecraft achievements to rank players up (in pex)

I have no idea how to A) use achievements in bukkit, or B) rank people up in PEX, can someone help me with these?

2. Offline

Zettelkasten

Well there is a PlayerAchievenentAwardedEvent which you can use to find out when someone gets a new achievement. And the Achievement enum can be used to detect what achievements a player has.

I don't know if there is a way to find out what achievements a player currently has using Bukkit, but maybe this is everything you need.

3. Offline

xAstraah

Zettelkasten, Use Vault to hook into all / most / supported permissions plugins and use the Bukkit achievements class for hints.

4. Offline

TheMcScavenger

If it's a private plugin, you can also execute PEX commands in the console, instead of hooking into the plugin using Vault (just an idea..). I've noticed a lot of people that are just starting to make plugins don't have enough experience to use other plugins in their projects (such as the Vault API, WorldEdit API, WorldGuard API). A good alternative is executing commands.

This is not recommended for public plugins, seeing as there are multiple permissions plugins. The same can be said for economy plugins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.