Unsupported major.minor error

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ShadowDisruptor, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ShadowDisruptor

I've been developing a set of plugins on a locally hosted server. They've gotten pretty developed, and I decided it was time to upload them to an actual server. The issue is, on the hosted server, I get a weird error on every single one of my own plugins. The error is:

org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: <Main_Class> : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

I've never had this error, and googling has not given me any help. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

2. Offline

jvjv88

Do you want to maybe show us your main class?

3. Offline

teej107

The jar is compiled with a Java version that is higher than your server Java version.

4. Offline

TheDiamond06

@ShadowDisruptor

Your Bukkit API library is a lower/high version than the server jar.

The server could be running bukkit 1.8 and your plugin could be using version 1.7, which would give this error.

Also > http://bukkit.org/threads/how-to-re...ubleshoot-your-own-plugins-by-yourself.32457/
    Please read your own stack traces and do not bring your errors in console here. This forum is for questions about the Bukkit API, not for debugging your code.

5. Offline

Gater12

@TheDiamond06
    No, I don't believe using a higher/lower version of the Bukkit api than the server's would throw that error.

It's simply just the code was compiled with a Java version higher than the Java version being used for the server.

6. Offline

ShadowDisruptor

Straight from the forum description.. "Got a bug you can't squash?"

I read the stacktrace, and didn't understand the error I got. I googled the error, and didn't find anything useful. Not to be rude, but I was just looking for help. The jar was compiled with Java 8, so I will download a 7 build of java and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

7. Offline

Gater12

8. Offline

ShadowDisruptor

@Gater12
    I believe I googled, "org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException." Probably should have googled my title instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.