[UNSUPPORTED] ChatColors v1.0 - Colors for your Permissions plugin groups

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by phaed, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

phaed

ChatColors [1.0]
    Colors for your Permission groups.

This plugin has been discontinued in favor of iChat

Its does one simple thing. It adds group colors to your chat using the Permission group system.

Installation

1) Set the prefix in the Permissions config.yml to the color code you want the group to have (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,a,b,c,d,f).
    2) Load the plugin

Sample "\Permissions\config.yml"
    Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: 7
                suffix:
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'essentials.list'
                - 'essentials.help'
        Members:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: 1
                suffix:
                build: true
            inheritance:

[​IMG]ChatColors 1.0 [bukkit 69/ craftbukkit 131]

2. Offline

Masocristy

Aw yeah! I've been waiting a while for this.

3. Offline

monsieurD

your link ia broken, remove a dot at the end bro

4. Offline

Kainzo

Can we have something like prefix with a tittle? so 4Admin for admins?

5. Offline

achmed

Link is broken...

6. Offline

Solaris765

would it be cool to put in a command so players can choose their own color?

7. Offline

AldiSkill

THANKS A LOT! <3

8. Offline

s0nge

9. Offline

monsieurD

its dosnt work, how can i send you the info?

10. Offline

MrJangles

Wonderful! My community is very pleased.

11. Uhm - use iChat - it does exactly what this plugin does, only with more configuration options, i.e. a fully custom chat message line that can and by default does include group titles.

From what I understand this plugin is supposed to be as easy to use as possible.

12. Offline

monsieurD

there something :

SEVERE: null
    mapping value are not allowed here
    in "<reader>". line 871, column 19:
    and then it continue...

13. Offline

phaed

Well look at that. All hidden there. I've been looking for the functionality forever, he should have started a new topic instead of burying his plugin in the comment seciton. I whipped this one up in like 20 minutes, guess now theres two.

14. Nah - I meant he should have used iChat for HIS specific idea, i.e. Admin tags, not that your plugin is obsolete. I bet half of the people would be too clueless to reconfigure iChat to work like your plugin (i.e. simple nick coloring with no titles or anything), so I think it's great due to its simplicity. ^^

Just for the heck of it I'll post how to make iChat display everything exactly like ChatColors, if people are undecided whether they like simple or powerful:

Code:
    message-format: '<&+prefix+name&f> +message'
    I find the above a bit ugly and would still prefer to add color prefixes in Permissions' config.yml, so i.e. &7 instead of just 7, so in that instance you would use:
    Code:
    message-format: '<+prefix+name&f> +message'

15. Offline

Kainzo

If iChat is a chat plugin - it wont work with our custom chat plugin we're using.

16. No, iChat is just a message coloring plugin Nijikokun made to show how to use his prefix: and suffix: info fields - like this one.

Tell me in the other topic (Permissions, facepalm, I should ask Nijikokun to split the posts) what you would like your chat line to look like and I'll show you what to put in in iChat's config.yml.

17. Offline

MatCat

There is a conflict with this plugin and iChat, because iChat looks for you to put the & in the prefix, and this does not. so for example the group I belong to the prefix if c, so now it shows [cOwner] MatCat, matcat is colored red, but ichat is broken because it's looking for &.

18. It's not a conflict, it's a matter of properly setting up one or another.

a) You should not use both plugins at once. Why would you? They do the same thing and use the same config variable.
    b) Add the & in iChat OR use the example line I provided for iChat that will generate the same output as ChatColors and not require the &.

Code:
    message-format: '<&+prefix+name&f> +message'
    I still don't like this way and would prefer this line:
    Code:
    message-format: '<+prefix+name&f> +message'
    And then using the "&" in Permissions config.

19. Offline

Jobsti

20. Offline

Kainzo

I tried loading up iChat - came back with nasty errors - does it first have to have permissions set?

21. Offline

Jobsti

Read my link and the instructions from iChat

22. You need to add the config line that is mentioned in that post (and in lots of my messages at the end of the topic) to iChat's config.yml.

23. Offline

MatCat

Yeah I never noticed there was any config line for iChat, not to mention I was running v1, it should really have it's own plugin topic.

24. Offline

Jarchuleta

Does this plugin allow for individual colors, that's what it looks like. I'm pretty sure iChat doesn't do that yet.

25. Offline

chill1977

Its does one simple thing. It adds group colors to your chat using the Permission group system.

26. Offline

Euthyphro

This plugin seems to cause me all sorts of trouble using craftbukkit 162. It actually causes my linux screen to completely freeze, forcing me to kill the process.
    Code:
    2011-01-30 00:48:36 [INFO] <§5tyveck§f> who learnd you how to spoke?
    Jan 30, 2011 12:48:40 AM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to ChatColors
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.nijiko.permissions.Control.getGroup(Control.java:367)
            at com.bukkit.Phaed.ChatColors.CCPlayerListener.onPlayerChat(CCPlayerListener.java:32)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.callEvent(JavaPluginLoader.java:140)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:207)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:533)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:65)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:265)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:201)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

27. Offline

Andrew Harwood

where do i find what colors represent the numbers and letters?

28. Offline

phaed

29. Offline

EvilSeph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.