Solved Unable to create new .jar?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Pokechu212, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Pokechu212

So I am making a simple test plugin for my server just to see if I can get something to load, and of course my first test didn't load. I went back to fix the problem, changed the version, and did "Maven Clean" and "Maven Install" to create the new .jar file. However, no matter how many times I use Maven Clean, Maven Install always tries to install the non-existent plugin. Am I missing something?

Maven Install Log:
    Code:
    [INFO] Scanning for projects...
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Using the builder org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder with a thread count of 1
    [INFO]                                                                       
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] Building Tests 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
    [INFO]
    [INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:resources (default-resources) @ Tests ---
    [WARNING] Using platform encoding (Cp1252 actually) to copy filtered resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
    [INFO] Copying 1 resource
    [INFO]
    [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) @ Tests ---
    [WARNING] File encoding has not been set, using platform encoding Cp1252, i.e. build is platform dependent!
    [INFO] Compiling 1 source file to C:\Users\TEMP\workspace\Tests\target\classes
    [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
    [INFO] Total time: 2.337 s
    [INFO] Finished at: 2014-07-14T13:05:57-05:00
    [INFO] Final Memory: 5M/15M
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project Tests: Fatal error compiling: tools.jar not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\..\lib\tools.jar -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Maven Clean log:
    Code:
    [INFO] Scanning for projects...
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Using the builder org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder with a thread count of 1
    [INFO]                                                                       
    [INFO] Building Tests 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
    [INFO]
    [INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.5:clean (default-clean) @ Tests ---
    [INFO] Deleting C:\Users\TEMP\workspace\Tests\target
    [INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
    [INFO] Total time: 0.688 s
    [INFO] Finished at: 2014-07-14T13:10:21-05:00
    [INFO] Final Memory: 4M/15M

2. Offline

xAstraah

Pokechu212, I have had this error in the past and im not entirely sure on how to fix it but try the following,

1.) Restart your IDE.
    2.) Check that you are using a up to date version of Java 7.
    3.) Maybe make another maven project and copy and paste everything over and hope for the best :D

Pokechu212 likes this.
  3. Offline

Pokechu212

Ok, that worked. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.