Teach me how to code Bukkit Plugins

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by The_Mouse_Master, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can somebody please teach me how to make bukkit plugins. I have watched over 24 hours of youtube videos on it but I just cant seem to get the hang of it. I am currently the tech guy on a server and we were gonna just hire somebody but I thought somebody may be able to teach me. I cant use any audio talk system because my microphone is broken.

2. Offline

jacklin213

Do you know any java to begin with?

3. I know the basics. Although going through them once more wouldn't hurt

YouTube taught me, but I have to reference that all the time and basically copy so...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  4. Offline

jacklin213

Good series to start off with

5. Offline

viper_monster

6. Offline

fromgate

7. Offline

tommycake50

Go get a solid understanding of Java and then plugin tutorials will make a lot more sense.
    There is no point in learning the Bukkit API without a firm understanding of Java.
    Trust me it's worth it.
    It's a bad idea to jump straight into bukkit.

jacklin213 likes this.
  8. Offline

jacklin213

Best to try write everything at this point in time instead of copy and pasting, helps you remember how stuff works better

9. Offline

callum.thepro

Just make basic plugins. This will help develop your knowledge. Then try combine it. For example:
    Plugin:
    Potion effects.
    How to develop your knowledge further
    commands:
    Even further:
    perms, configs and stuff

10. Offline

MayoDwarf

Every once in a while we see these threads and we turn heads. The best way is to teach yourself. Videos can help, reading code and figuring out what it does is a good test. Trial and error usually tends to be the best.

AoH_Ruthless likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.