So... no tips?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Project Feedback' started by Musaddict, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DrBowe

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    And that's really the only thing I've wanted to see. With all the people bouncing around stating that this rule has always been enforced with such rigor, a simple admittance that there was a period where it was neglected is a fresh breath of air. Most people weren't so much against the topic, as they were against the sudden change in how strongly you guys enforce your position on it. That was my stance on it, at least.

This is all we need (in my opinion) to explain it. I just wanted an actual response where the staff owned up to their actions, instead of pretending that they had been enforcing it this strongly all along. It's just a matter of being straight-forward with the community, to some extent.

Thank you.

2. Offline

Musaddict

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (5)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Exactly. Recently I have felt like I have been treated like, well... an idiot by the staff (at least by the ones willing to talk to me) cause they were dodging all the blame. Not being straight forward makes us (or at least me) think the staff thinks lowly of us, and the quick enforcement of monetary advertisement felt like a punishment.

I just hope this level of "brushing the dust under the rug" won't happen in the future (in reference to the magically changing stickies and deleting posts), cause having "As per rule five of the forum rules, we do not wish to deal with the drama related to monetary offers on the forum. Topics involving money will be removed." as the only explanation for it is, well... ridiculous frankly.

Sleaker, ZNickq and Don Redhorse like this.
  3. Offline

EvilSeph Retired Staff

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    This has nothing to do with the adfly discussion, please stay on topic. But, for the record, we are not changing our policy on adfly, look at the various discussions about it for our reasoning why. Once again, you seem to just ignore anything we say, so we're just wasting time continuing this discussion. Until you can provide us with the assurances we ask for, the ban on adfly stands.

4. Offline

Musaddict

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (5)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Where in that post you quoted do I mention adfly? That post is in reference to the tipping. I think you're the one that is ignoring everything I'm saying. It almost seems you need to declare me the bad guy to make yourself feel a little more dignified than the community is making you out to be.

Edit: I find this ironic. I admit I feel like the staff is making me feel like an idiot, and the response is that I'm an idiot, when actually the post was improperly read.

Edit 2: You and I both know the reassurances you are looking for are a cop out, so you might as well do me the favor of at least coherently rebuking my very real, very effective reassurances.

Sleaker likes this.
  5. Offline

EvilSeph Retired Staff

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Please don't play innocent, the 'Exactly. Recently I have felt like I have been treated like, well... an idiot by the staff (at least by the ones willing to talk to me) cause they were dodging all the blame.' is clearly in relation to the recent discussions we've had with you about adfly.

Thank you for proving my point.

6. Offline

Musaddict

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (5)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Even if that was related to the adfly discussions, it is still in reference to the tipping as well (hence the "cause they were dodging all the blame"). I honestly only meant it for the tipping, but I guess it's true that my feelings do span from other topics. However, this does not give you enough to blame me of going off topic. Again, it seems like you're purposefully trying to make me a bad guy here...

Also, I find it funny that you would assume I was talking about adfly when I said I thought the staff was mistreating me. Doesn't that essentially mean you're admitting to mistreating me?

Thank you for proving MY point.

Sleaker likes this.
  7. Offline

hatstand

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (0)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Mistreatment implies that there is a standard of treatment - That you have rights here. This is not a democracy, you have no rights. I don't mean that as an attack, it's merely the truth - That you are here because they allow you to be.

A bit off topic, but why do you feel the need to start discussions like this? You're not an idiot, you should realise how well your protests are going to be received by the staff after the adfly poll. I know it sounds quite defeatist, but I've seen issues and concerns raised by some of the best users in this community, I've seen (relatively) large-scale protests against how certain things have been handled. In the overwhelming majority of cases, not single fucking thing changes. The fact of the matter is that very few of the staff here actually care about the community.

Sleaker, Inscrutable and Don Redhorse like this.
  8. Offline

Musaddict

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (5)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Thank you... again to the point I'm trying to make; they put on this charade talking about professionalism and good reputation, yet to the vocal group of the community they don't seem to give a [insert profanity here]. To them everything is set in stone, so if one portion speaks up first that's the only option.

In regards to not having rights, while that is true, it doesn't really mean they can treat us as enemies for speaking against them.

9. Offline

EvilSeph Retired Staff

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Only by your definition of the word. My staff refusing to respond to your message which was filled with attitude is not mistreating you.

I'm curious what you're referring to. While we'd love to do everything we can to satisfy the community, often the most vocal people are not the majority. It usually takes a decision someone doesn't like for them to speak up than a decision someone does. That's, unfortunately, just how it is.

I assure you, my staff and I care very much about this community and am sorry you feel otherwise.

TnT likes this.
  10. Offline

Musaddict

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (5)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    And which message are you referring to? And which definition are you talking about?

Edit: I'm assuming you're referring to the definition of "mistreatment". If so, then it is up for discussion. I honestly don't recall any message which was filled with attitude aside from the one you just removed and I apologized for.

11. Offline

Musaddict

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (5)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    EvilSeph if you are referring to http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/in-reply-to-locked-adfly-thread.61295/ or its original PM to mbaxter, could you please point out where you believe the attitude lies? I honestly did not intend to come across as having an attitude. That was a full-hearted attempt to bring us all down to earth and maturely discuss the separate points in which why you are against adfly and why I feel my suggestions suffice for your requirements.

If this is not the message you are referring to, could you please point me in the right direction?

12. Offline

TnT Retired Staff

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (2)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    I care a great deal about this community.

Musaddict, NuclearW and DrAgonmoray like this.
  13. Offline

DrAgonmoray

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    I care a great deal about you.

And this time I'm not being sarcastic.

Musaddict likes this.
  14. Offline

Musaddict

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (5)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Yeah, I'd like to formally apologize to the majority of the staff. I realize I put you down collectively for negligence, which is completely unfair. TnT, I'm sorry.

EvilSeph I sincerely hope you are not ignoring my genuine questions. At this point I am only trying to amend any misconceptions we have of each other, and to achieve that we both need to understand one another. Could you please explain your last post directed towards me?

15. Offline

NuclearW

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (19)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    I, too, care a great deal about this community.

That having been said, it appears to me that this thread has gotten majorly off topic from its original posting about the enforcement of a rule, and has instead moved to a more personal conversation which I believe would be better served in a conversation.

As such, I'm going to lock this thread to prevent it from going any further off the rails.

It, however, additionally seems to have moved to a conversation about the staff and some concerns regarding it-real or perceived-which I find concerning. As such I'd like to remind anyone that if you have an issue with a moderator you may elect to take up that issue with that moderator, or with an administrator. Should you find yourself with an issue with an administrator you may bring it up to any other administrator. I myself am always open to a PM, and I'll always do my best to reply to any messages I receive.

TnT, Milkywayz and Sleaker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.