Setting a player skin as the server picture

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by sgavster, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sgavster

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me with a way to set the server picture as the player viewing the server's skin.

I know this is possible with HashMaps and stuff, but I want it to be stored forever basicly, even when the server restarts. I tried but I failed, I also lost the code.. If you want the code I can find it. Thanks for any hep!

2. Offline

mine-care

@sgavster hmm I didn't understood, you want to set the icon the server has as the skin of a player?

3. Offline

sgavster

@mine-care Not really, when a player looks at the server, I want their skin to be the server picture..

Example:

If I looked at the server, it would be the skin of sgavster
    If my friend looked, it would be the skin of cader123456789, so on and so forth..

So any player who looks at it will see their skin, if they have joined

4. Offline

mine-care

Oooohhhh
    This is done by a list of ips associated with player skins, On ping, you somehow retrive the ip from where ping is comming from, and if your base contains it you show da skin.

5. Offline

sgavster

@mine-care I tried.. It's not that easy. You need to get their IP, then when they log in get their IP, if they match put an IP to their name.. it's a pain.

6. Offline

mine-care

@sgavster ik, it is a pain indeed, I had developed suchaplugin for my server in the past but I found it really annoying and removed it. It also messed my skin with other players :-P wha a shame.

7. Offline

ProMCKingz

EDIT: nvm

8. Offline

sgavster

@mine-care So, any suggestions?

I once had it on my server(I stopped using the computer for about a year and a half do to family problems) and it worked fabulous. My computer was hacked and reset, so I no longer have any code.

9. Offline

ChipDev

Well, You know how to do it.
    Hashmaps..

mine-care likes this.
  10. Offline

sgavster

@ChipDev Again, I don't want HashMaps..
    I want it to be stored forever. (in config)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  11. Offline

ChipDev

Fine with me..
    Save it to a custom IP file (.ip) in a custom folder,,

12. Offline

sgavster

@ChipDev Could I get an example? I've tried, I really can't figure it out for the life of me. :/

13. Offline

ChipDev

File ip = new File :p
    Ill get back to you later, Gotta go to iPic :)

14. Offline

sgavster

@ChipDev Lol, I can't do much with that. :p

Alright, see you then :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.