Server error: Bad compressed data format

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Beef_Stew, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Beef_Stew

My info
    Architecture: x64
    Java version and architecture: "6.0.150.3" 64-bit
    Wrappers: none
    Craft bukkit Build: 818
    When ever my freind and I try to log into my recently moved server we would be able to play normally for about five seconds then we would lose connection. It would give us an error screen stating the following.
    Connection lost Internal exception: java.IOException: Bad compressed data format
    We are both playing on the same router as the server runs on. The weird thing is when my other freind joins on his own internet he is not disconnected at all. He says that when playing he does not notice anything different with the server.
    I have found that other post about this problem state that it is a corruption in the save but I feal as though this is not the case, since my freind can join.
    I appreciate any information that can leed to the solving of this problem. Thanks.

2. Offline

Zaros

Try redownloading the craftbukkit.jar . By bad compressed data format, it could mean your download of the jar was bad/corrupted.

3. Offline

Beef_Stew

When craft bukkit is redownloaded nothing changes. Although when I took my laptop over to my place and tried connecting to it off my own router I was able to join and stay on. Im wondering if it doesnt have something to do with my freinds router.

4. Offline

Zaros

Did you say you were having the error or both of you were?

5. Offline

Beef_Stew

I would get the error but only when I was using his wi-fi. when I went over to my place and used mine it worked fine.

6. Offline

Zaros

Might be an issue with his Wireless. It could be interference or something of the sort. I guess its fine if it works now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.