Server Closes As Soon As I Open It

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Yonder99, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Yonder99

Hey, guys! So I've done a bit of research, and I still haven't found the solution to my problem: when ever I double click my start.bat nowadays, the server log pops up, and then closes again immediately. Now, in my searching for a solution a lot of people have fixed the problem for a server that suddenly started having these problems. There is, however, a major detail that sets my problem apart from these: I just created my server. None of the files have even been generated yet. All that's in my folder is the craftbukkit.jar and the start.bat files.

Here are a few things you should knew:

---The server I'm trying to run is 1.7.9 the RO.1 Beta version.

---This is what pops up whenever I try to run the server (I added "pause" to the end of my start.bat so the console wouldn't close immediately, so that way I could read what it says):

C:\Users\Charlyn\Documents\Caleb\Bukkit>java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainClassFromJar<Unknown Source>
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain<Unknown Source>

---Here is what is in my start.bat folder:

java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    pause

---I typed in "java -version" into my console. Here's what I got:

java version "1.7.0"
    java<TM> SE Runtime Environment <build 1.7.0-b147>
    Java HotSpot<TM> 64-Bit Server VM <build 21.0-b17, mixed mode>

---This is my first time trying to run a server from this computer.

If there's any more information you need, just let me know. Please do your best to help, because at this point any suggestion helps. Thank you!
    God bless! :)

2. Offline

17xDillz1997

Your jar is called craftbukkit.jar right? Just to make sure.

3. Offline

Yonder99

Yes, I've made sure that it's not the craftbukkit.jar.jar problem. The file is only craftbukkit.jar

4. Offline

17xDillz1997

Does this problem persists with other craftbukkits?

5. Offline

Yonder99

Yes, I've tried the RO.2 version of 1.7.9 Bukkit as well.

6. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Yonder99, Add PAUSE to the end of the bat file and see why it is stopping

7. Offline

Yonder99

You clearly did not read the entire thread. Please do so next time before offering advice. I have already done this and have stated what is shown in the console.

8. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Yonder99, sry, i skimmed. It's been a long day. Just appreciate that we're trying to help.

To be honest, I have never seen that error before. And my first assumption would be a corrupted jar, but you already disproved that. I truly have no idea what the cause is.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  9. Offline

Yonder99

Lol, I understand. As far as I am aware, my problem hasn't been seen before. I was just hoping that perhaps someone who was experienced with this kind of thing could offer some advice.

10. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Yonder99, I wish I could. My last suggestion would to be to reinstall java, but that probably won't fix it. It's worth a shot though. Download Java 8. You will have to get it at some point anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.