Inactive [SEC] Ore To Client Obfuscation v1.9.1.1 - Anti X-Ray (xray) [1.2.5-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by TyrOvC, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Offline

TyrOvC

solarox5, DaveDee, kahlilnc and 27 others like this.
  2. Offline

Kainzo

Mode 2 is still the best option. Mode 4 was causing some extreme lag issues. I went from 10 ticks to 2-3. Changing no other settings and switching back to Mode 2 - I now have 10-11 ticks

3. Offline

Kane

if you drop all the Hero plugins you will go 20.

DannieP likes this.
  4. Offline

TyrOvC

The update from server to client to make the fake ore appear as stone takes time because of connection latency, which is part of the downside to it and why I didn't set it as the default method.

Shouldn't have random pieces of stone structures appearing as ore though.
    @jaboy @Lunar Delta
    Could either of you post the coordinates of a visible stone block that looks like ore? I'm having trouble getting it to happen.
    Edit: Nevermind, got it figured out and working on it.

Edit:
    Also, all the different modes should use roughly the same amount of CPU power. I noticed that for some odd reason having the whole world as ore blocks seemed to make the Minecraft Client use more processing power, however.

5. Offline

sukosevato

Want to come on my server? I'll set it on mode 4 and then you can see for your self =D

come in #bukkit on irc.esper.net (mibbit.com is easy way to connect). Easy way to chat.

6. Offline

Kainzo

Sadly, no :p

Kane likes this.
  7. Offline

Ratchet

what are the chances of having light detection in mode 1/3? only problem with those is that cave systems are highlighted.

8. Yeah ;(

9. Offline

Kainzo

I would use 1/3 if they werent highlighted for sure.

10. Offline

TyrOvC

@DannieP
    I'm testing a light based check right this moment.

DannieP likes this.
  11. Offline

codename_B

I approve of this mod/plugin - it was something I'd been wanting to do for a while so well done yourself :D

12. Offline

Borch

As I was really fascinated with this whole thing, I played around a little with the code myself and came up with another approach to the fake ores idea by @jaboy
    I'm scattering random blocks that X-Ray Pro will show by default all through the world, so even showing just one block it will not lead to any useful results. Only smooth stone will be replaced though, and I'm leaving out the blocks that are on the corner of a chunk, which would cause some problems (as people here already pointed out with the iron ore wall). So theoretically you can still see some real ore between chunks using x-ray, but it's really not worth the effort farming it; I tried.
    There is no configurable stuff, but in case this is useful for further development, I attached the result of my experiments. You have to use engine 1 for it to work. Replace both, the plugin and the class in the server.jar to test.
    It should be less resource intensive than anything involving light, so if nobody can find a way how to still find ores quickly using x-ray this is gonna be what I'll use on my server. Only tested it on a small test server with 2 friends right now for a couple of minutes. You have been warned, so don't be surprised if there are more iron walls showing up or other spooky things. ;)

Attached Files:

13. Offline

GFlow

I'm getting this whenever i try to start the server: "Invalid or corrupt jarfile craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar"
    What am i doing wrong??

14. Offline

RugRats

I have no ores in my world anymore...

15. Offline

Redyugi

You do realize what this does... right?

16. Offline

sukosevato

Then you probably messed up with the other anti-xray plugin.

This plugin does not touch your ores at all.

17. Offline

SoulSauce

This plugin is WONDERFUL. I have to say that you did an amazing job. I am so happy that you made this. It maintains my server's difficulty.

18. Offline

RugRats

Yes I know what this does. Yes I installed this correctly. This is my first anti-xray plugin. It's on engine mode 2. I mined out a 4 by 4 mine all the way to bedrock to find 0 ore.

19. Offline

Sleaker

If you do a short-range teleport. Ie teleport within the same chunk - the Chunk is Re-sent completely un-obfuscated to the client. Confirmed by using worldedit + compass tool to jump around + CJB mod.

Edit: I'm not sure it's fully unobfuscating, but it definetely shows more ores after the in-chunk teleport.

20. Offline

sukosevato

If you know what this plugin does, then you also know it can't be this plugin that caused you to have no ores.

You found no ores while the plugin was active? And if so, in what mode was it running.

21. Offline

RugRats

Yes and engine mode 2. Obviously it is this plugin that caused all the ores to change to stone >.>

22. Offline

Redyugi

Alright. I have done that a few times. do it again several other times, and if you still don't find any.... welll

23. Offline

RugRats

3 users with big mines also reported no ores.. Lets say about 6 more 3 by 3 mines. This is on a brand new world.

24. Offline

Lunar Delta

It is strictly impossible for this plugin to actually effect your map data.

25. Offline

RugRats

Well I had ores before I added this plugin :p I made the new map before I added this plugin and we had ores I add this set to engine 2 mine never see an ore again. It changed it all to stone. No I didn't edit anything else except enginemode

26. Offline

sukosevato

Then I suggest removing the plugin and seeing you can find ores then. There will be ores then since it does not touch the physical files. Or install an xray mod and see what this is all about ;)

27. Offline

RugRats

yes as soon as I removed it I began to see ores again.

28. Offline

TyrOvC

Bug fix update, fixed Engine Mode 4 having a bunch of smooth stone appear as ore where it shouldn't, and fixed adjacent torches popping off while removing ore.

@RugRats
    Did you set it to Engine Mode 2? That completely hides all ores until you remove a block by them or right click on them.

@Borch
    I'll mess with that some and update it along with the plugin.

@Sleaker
    Noted. It may be that that causes a multi block change packet or similar to be sent, I'll do some testing and obfuscate short range teleports.

29. Offline

RugRats

It was on engine mode 2. There are no ores. We removed like 2000 blocks to find no ores.. :eek: No one is going to right click to find ores because well they don't know where there is ore lol.

30. Offline

TyrOvC

I'd suggest setting it to 1 or (if you update to the latest version) 4, and then see how you like it.

31. Offline

AriesT

Have a problem!

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode)
    CraftBukkit version:953
    Client version: 1.6.6
    Plugins: (last ver) AuthMe,Bandages,ChairCraft,Citizens,FalseBook,Hungry,
    Jobs,LWC,LyTreeHelper,MrFixit,MultiVerse,MyHome,NoCheat,
    PerformanceTweaks,Permissions,Residence,ScheduledAnnouncer,
    SimpleRestart,Statistician,WatchPM,iConomy and RawcriticsOreObfuscationPlugin

After install the plugin have a strange result.

Server starts and after player login have a error in console:

Code:
    09:26:22 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.World.getMultiChunkData(IIIIII)[B
    09:26:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet51MapChunk.<init>(Packet51MapChunk.java:32)
    09:26:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:225)
    09:26:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:298)
    09:26:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    09:26:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:223)
    09:26:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    09:26:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    09:26:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    09:26:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    09:26:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    09:26:22 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.World.getMultiChunkData(IIIIII)[B
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet51MapChunk.<init>(Packet51MapChunk.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:298)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:223)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    09:27:28 [INFO] Read timed out
    And a player falls and falls in a game (i see it by Zan's Free Minecraft Minimap coords near z~-3000) then logout by timeout.