Inactive [SEC] AuthMe v2.5.1 - High Performance Authorization plugin [1818/1.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by pomo4ka, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Offline

whoami

After over 9000 hours of testing I am confident that this will work.

2. Offline

Joeyy

How does this plugin deal with name spoofers?

3. Offline

whoami

When you connect the first time you can set a password. From that point forward only people who know that password can play with your name.

4. Offline

SpencerB

I can't reproduce that error but I believe the location of the problem was in this file:
    AuthMe.jar\de\fgtech\pomo4ka\AuthMe\DataController\RegistrationCache\DataNode.class

5. Offline

Joeyy

What If somebody changes his name when he got banned using this minecraft tool?

6. Offline

alfskan

omg! omg!! omg!!!

It works perfectly!! :'(

You are the best!

7. Offline

whoami

You can't ban people with this plugin. If you want to effectively ban people from a server in offline mode you need a second plugin. For example EasyBan.

8. Offline

Sharpie-o

Any idea about this error?

9. Offline

whoami

Are you using 0.79? This bug should be fixed in that version.

10. Offline

simstosh

I've downloaded the last version, but when I try to register in-game he shows the "Internal Error" message.

Console:
    Code:
    22:24:07 [SEVERE] [AuthMe] [MySQL] Unable to save an authentication!
    22:24:07 [SEVERE] [AuthMe] Failed to save an auth due to an error in the datasource!
    config.yml
    Code:
    DataController:
        # This Cache saves registration details like username and password
        # Change it to false, if you want edit the datasource under runtime
        # Otherwise let it to true!
        CacheEnabled: true

# Possible datasources are 'flatfile' or 'mysql'
        Datasource: mysql

MySQL:
        # Connection details
        Connection:
            Host: localhost
            Port: 3306
            Database: sqlminecraft
            Username: root
            Password: 123456

# Settings for a custom user table
        # Do not change this, if you don't have any scripts reqiring this
        Custom:
            TableName: accounts
            ColumnUsername: username
            ColumnPassword: password
            # Custom information, that a player has to type on /register command
            # This function is only available for MySQL as datasource!
            # Make sure that you have a column with the right name in your database!
            # The information gets checked, if it complies to the given RegEx string
            # If the check was successfull, the information get stored in the respective column
            # A line must be built up like following:
            #   columnname: 'regexstring'
            # For good RegEx strings visit http://regexlib.com
            # If you are still unsure, check the given example below (email)
            RegistrationInfo:
    #            email: '^\w+@[a-zA-Z_]+?\.[a-zA-Z]{2,3}$'

Everything's fine in the files and database (the other plugins are working with SQL).

Some sugestion?

11. Offline

pomo4ka

The plugin does not work with the database SQL, only with MySQL.

12. Offline

simstosh

Sorry, i expressed SQL referring to MySQL. :p

pomo4ka likes this.
  13. Offline

pomo4ka

Perhaps in the future we will uphold SQL, the database uses a lot of people. :)

14. Offline

simstosh

Well, but I'm using MySQL (all the other plugins are using MySQL too), not SQLite. I've tried AuthDB before but he gives some error.
    And I saw one function in AuthMe (option to block user if he isn't registered) perfect to use with an idea what I have.

15. Offline

pomo4ka

Which version bukkit do you use? And as you have registered players on the server?

16. Offline

simstosh

Haven't any users registered at the database (just the player .dat files, from the world and player .yml files from essentials) and i'm using latest version (Build 953) of Bukkit.

17. Offline

whoami

Why in the world would you give the plugin full administrative access to your database? Create a new MySQL User that can only read/write in sqlminecraft. Also the password you gave the root account is not very secure.

18. Offline

pomo4ka

19. Offline

MasterMeNL

Unfortunately, the Worldedit-CUI mod still doesn't work with 0.80, I just tried it.
    I'm falling back on the dev version your sent me earlier, since that one does work.
    There are again no errors and I have exactly the same bukkit versions, using the dev version the mod works again.

Greetings,
    MasterMe.

20. Offline

whoami

Hmmmm...
    There were only minimal changes between the dev version and the final release.

21. Offline

pomo4ka

Please re-download the plug-in, I made a small mistake, and you used 0.79 version.

22. Offline

simstosh

The password isn't that (U think I will put my real password here? :p), and this MySQL Server is configured at my PC, only for testing purposes.

23. Offline

whoami

OK did you actually create the "sqlminecraft" database? While the plugin creates the needed table the database has to be created by you.

24. Offline

simstosh

I've fixed here. It's just a issue with an field (who I named id) with PRIMARY_KEY and AUTO_INCREMENT activated. Now works. Maybe a tip for other users who tries to create a table with a field with this attributes.

25. Offline

spunkiie

Can I import my xAuth database to AuthMe ?

26. Offline

whoami

No, they are using Whirlpool to hash the passwords.

27. Offline

Schlumpf

Hello,
    your Plugin is very nice. Now I am building a website for minecraft. And I am currently creating the login for it.
    I would use the AuthMe table for username and password. But now I would ask how your password is hashed?
    How can I compare the password typed in on the werbsite and the password from the mysql database? How you created the sha256 hash?

28. Offline

whoami

See: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/se...orization-plugin-953.22139/page-2#post-431354

29. Offline

smc

Your plugin failed if a player uses NICK (upcase) and another player trying to nick (lowcase).

30. Offline

whoami

impossible...

It must be another plugin causing this.