Running my Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by j76goatboy, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

j76goatboy

I want to create a easily run server with plugins. I've read and seen a lot of different walk through s for this but none seem to work. A lot of the walk through s say to do different things because they were made at different times. Also a link to the current best build would be great. The farthest that I've gotten is the craftbukkit.jar file in a folder with all the other server files and the RUN.bat file to start it. I've tried all of the Window's ( I have Windows 7 if that matters) code for the .bat file that was on the Bukkit wiki. I thought that the name of the craftbukkit.jar file should be the same name as the .jar name that is in the .bat file ( if that makes any sense). When I open .bat file it says " cannot reach craftbukkit.jar " even though the names are the same in the .bat file.

A quick question: Do you need the regular minecraft server files at all?

Thank you, any help will be a favor

2. Offline

ZeroZX4

look i gonna show u like hmm 4 steps to ur happiness

1. go here and download bukkit to ur desktop and create new folder called Bukkit Server and put it there
    http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/view/00993_1.2.4-R1.0/

2. go here and download this bukkit gui and put it to the exact same folder as that bukkit jar u just downloaded
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/bukkitgui/

3. go to that folder and launch that bukkit gui now choose tab SuperStart (3rd from left) and in jar file section on middle left part of scree choose that jar file u just downloaded and hit launch server

4. enjoy ur server

u dont need any minecrat sever files at all

3. Offline

j76goatboy

Sweet!!! Thanks a ton! So far so good. What starting mods would you recommend? And also, my internet goes down for a tenth of a second like 2 times every day and that really does mess up running a server, so do you now any fixes?( free is best)

Oh..... How can I connect to the server? Do if have to go into the server file and put in my ip address and then go to minecraft and enter the same in there or what?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  4. Offline

ZeroZX4

starting mods ? what you mean by that ?

and u just run bukkit server than u run ur minecraft and in minecraft u connect to ur IP thats all

5. Offline

j76goatboy

what information do I give someone else if I want them to join my server?

6. Offline

ZeroZX4

7. Offline

j76goatboy

Thank You!

8. Offline

j76goatboy

I've been downloading mods/plugins to the server and I've been learning how to use world edit. I messed up a lot. Deleted the ocean. turned a mountain into lava. Stuff like that. When that happened the server crashed and I was able to start it back up so now it runs fine, says the connection is as strong as can be, but minecraft crashes when ever I try to join the server. Do you know how to fix this? (Thanks in advance)

9. Offline

mini_totent

Well, I'm guessing either your server is overloaded processing the information still, so it just disregards the player until it fully loads, or you corrupted the map. Seeing it's a small personal server it could easily be either. If the world is corrupted, then unless you're experienced, I'd recommend resetting the map (delete the world file). To make sure it isn't just loading: stop the server completely. restart it and see if it takes a normal time.

Also, the loading that is sent to your client may cause it to crash, which means it may just need time to load.

10. Offline

ZeroZX4

11. Offline

j76goatboy

:( Now its saying ".jar file is not valid.

12. Offline

ZeroZX4

13. Offline

j76goatboy

I might just re-install the server and all that. Just to start fresh. Din't do anything on that server anyways ( I got the lava under control //drain 100 works every time... till it rids of the ocean)

http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/6930692/file.html

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

ZeroZX4

not bukkit jar

upload ur world hahaha

15. Offline

j76goatboy

???

It says ".jar file is not valid" now

16. Offline

ZeroZX4

wtf did u do ?

17. Offline

j76goatboy

I have absolotly no idea. I'm just going to trash everything and start from scratch.

Bye the way, how do you update your bukkit without messing up the server.

what would you say about the new recommended build for bukkit?

18. Offline

ZeroZX4

19. Offline

j76goatboy

The .jar file name that I have is craftbukkit-1.2.5-R1.0 (2) and the one in bukkit gui is craftbukkit-1.2.5-r1.0(1).jar .
    What do I do?

20. Offline

ZeroZX4

delete all jar files and download onlly 1
    than select it in bukkit gui

21. Offline

j76goatboy

would changing the name work?

FINALLY!!! I was about to scream. It works. Thanks for all the help.

I got one question though so I don't mess it up when theres an update. How do you update while keeping it all the same?

22. Offline

ZeroZX4

with bukkit gui just

1 stop server
    2 delete old craftbukkit.jar
    3 download new craftbukkit.jar
    4 select it in bukkit gui
    5 play

23. Offline

j76goatboy

thanks!

how do you set up the groups in permissionEx?

24. Offline

ZeroZX4

25. Offline

j76goatboy

how can I add any permission to different groups?

26. Offline

ZeroZX4

just press enter to make empty line and add it like for example
    - essentials.time

27. Offline

uberminer101

hey i need help too..... My permissions does not appear on my server...... It just says loading properties and set spawn.... I followed everything correctly... WHY?

28. Offline

ZeroZX4

29. Offline

Verttex

30. Offline

uberminer101

the server screen does not even show permissionsex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.