Right-Click an item to give permission?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by KirbySage18, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KirbySage18

The title says it all =3. Let's say for example, I want to have a paper that would give you the ability to use /tp. How would I do that?

PS. It would be nice if it could still be use in a vanilla way =3.

2. Offline

wowzersam

3. Offline

Binner_Done

4. Offline

KirbySage18

5. Offline

Binner_Done

Yeah thats what mine is I think...

6. Offline

Boomer

No, its not - thats just a command-tool binder to allow the player to avoid typing a command. If the user isn't permissioned to use the command, they can't - and to grant permissions would require the user to issue a permission command to grant themselves permissions that they dont have -- no permission system allows that.

Plus, the asker is likely wanting to have different sheets of paper with lore on them like "Fly" and "multihomes" or such, that then will let the system permanently grant the person all the permissions required for flying, or for using multiple homes - things that may require mulitple permission nodes added at once, use and toss the paper (or consume it)..

7. Offline

wowzersam

Not sure if this will work, but could you use Craftbook to bind a permission giving command to an item? For example, using GroupManager, the config for Craftbook could look like this:
    Code:
    command-items:
        Backpack:
            item: leather|&b/fly|&7Learn how|&7to fly!
            commands:
            - manuaddp <player> essentials.fly
            permission-node: fly.use
            run-as: SUPERUSER
            click-type: CLICK_EITHER
            delay: 0
            delayed-commands: []
            cooldown: 0
            cancel-action: true
            consume-self: true
    Just a thought.

8. Offline

Boomer

If craftbook does indeed let you specify the run-as which as a higher privledged/console account for it, then that is exactly the way you'd do it. Different premissions for being able to use the paper / book / item required, let the server give permissions for the activity desired.

The major limitation with this approach though is counterfieting the items. Bob gets a legitimate paper to be used for giving him fly ability, shows it to Joe, Joe is then able to clone it or go to the anvil and give it the same name/lore , without having gone through the 10 days of adventurous trials and ordeals required to win that paper... If there is a way to stick a piece of lore info on it with the config that can NOT be duplicated on a crafting table, or granted via simply naming an item, that is the ideal solution.

Otherwise, you would need a plugin that can deal with some sort of authentication for the paper, a way to track when the paper was generated and store a random uuid for it on a 'waiting to cash-in list'... Then folks can make a fake document but either they fake the id number and of course, it doesn't match any records so its fake; or, someone copies it for a friend. Whoever uses it first gets the effect, and removes the id from the waiting-list, so when the other friend tries to use it too, its already been cashed in. Tough to the player who cloned it for 3 friends, who used it before he himself did...

9. Offline

KirbySage18

Err, I am confuzzled lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.