Read Time Out Broken Pipe

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Tang, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dissonance

Something I've noticed is when my server reaches 1.5GB, which is the amount I set in the startup bat, the lag starts to kick in and the console begins to receive the "[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" error. Afterwards, this will continue until the memory usage hits about 1.7GB, in which the server will lock up and exit itself.

2. Offline

Mhalkyer

I had RemoteToolKit and PerformanceTweaks when this problem started for me. I'm going to trying removing BigBrother again (I had tried in the past). Also, what did you set your view-distance to?

3. Offline

chaseoes

I got the idea out of another post somewhere who reccomended setting it to 7.. so I set it to 6.. :p

4. Offline

Mhalkyer

I recently changed the view-distance up to 10 because anything less was causing monsters to de-spawn before they actually spawned. This was causing a server wide lack of mobs and animals.

5. Offline

chaseoes

Hmm, strange, all the monsters/animals are fine on my server.. one just killed me.. :p

6. Bump, how is this fixed?

7. Offline

Mhalkyer

This still isn't fixed for me, I've had to run without bukkit just to keep it from crashing every 3-4 hours.

I tried turning down the view-distance and turning off BigBrother - neither worked. =(

8. ummm..

I did /save-off and the warnings went away. Then I proceeded to install autosave

9. Offline

flaaghara

This is so annoying. I'm forced to do a manual save about every 30 mins, because whenever I get the 'Read time out' error, the server locks up, crashes, and we undergo a rollback. This is a HUGE problem, and devs should really focus on this.

10. Offline

Mhalkyer

I thought I solved this problem by turning the view-distance down to 5 (in the server.properties), but I'm still getting 'read time out' errors and it eventually freezes and runs well over the max RAM I set. Anyone else have any luck?

Plugins:
    Show Spoiler
    CraftBookMechanisms, WorldEdit, LogBlockQuestioner, DynamicFight, CraftBookCircuits, MidiBanks, LazyRoad, iConomyChestShop, BukkitContrib, HeroicDeath, iConomy, Essentials, Ranks, CraftBukkitUpToDate, CraftBookCommon, SimpleReserve, HelpPages, WorldGuard, Tombstone, SignTagger, NSCommand, BorderGuard, mcMMO, PlayerEditor, Permissions, CommandHelper, ColoredSigns, BlockConsoleMessages, PermissionsPlus, MagicCarpet, Statistician, EssentialsSpawn, iChat, LogBlock, p2Aliases, NoCheat

Script:
    Show Spoiler
    java -server -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX=ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui

11. Offline

John McFo

12. Offline

Mhalkyer

13. Offline

John McFo

Seems to do fine. RAM still fills up quickly, but the server didn't crash... yet.

EDIT:
    Scratch that. Still crashes...

EDIT 2:
    Rewind that... mcMMO crashed the server this time... It seems stable now. Hogs RAM like crazy (reaches 85% in no time) but stays there without crashes. Some lags occur when space is freed up however.

14. Offline

Mhalkyer

The newest craft bukkit 994/995 has fixed this for me! =D =D

15. Offline

ssechaud

Am still getting these problems.

16. Offline

winter4w

Same here please help i have 1.5 GB ram on the server I got a monster limiter plugin and did fix the crashes but now i just get read time out

17. Offline

KakusCraft

old thread, but happens to me too...

i think this is NOT a memory problem...

my previous server has 2 gb of ram, and using bukkit build 2117...

my current server is 3.5 gb of ram and using the 1.2.4 RB, these broken pipe errors occured

switch back to the 2117 dev-build, never occur anymore :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.