Questions about a world generator plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MineReader, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MineReader

Hello Bukkit Forums,
    my name is MineReader and i have some questions about creating a world generator plugin for a bukkit server .
    1. Is it possible to code a plugin which creates a new world every time the server starts (if a world exsists it is going to be deleted)
    2. can i specify the setting like no oceans and beach biomes, bigger swamps(higher spawn rate for mushrooms) and higher/lesser chances for different biomes to spawn
    3. can i set a maximal size for the map, 60x60 chunks and then its stops to generate the world like a big skyblock world where you can fall down at the end example.png
    a friend of mine already coded this: http://hastebin.com/uhabalojal.avrasm but it doesnt work like it should
    if you have a idea you can post it below sorry for my bad english iam from germany ofc you can answer in german too

ty for reading
    kind regards MineReader

2. Offline

Zettelkasten

1)
    First, you will need to unload the world (make sure to check if the word exists before):
    Als erstes musst du die Welt unloaden (stell sicher das die Welt existiert bevor du das tuest):
    Code:java
    1. Bukkit.getServer().unloadWorld(World world, boolean save);

Dann löschst du die Welt über das Dateisystem, so bekommst du die Datei der Welt:
    Then, you need to remove the world using the file system, you get the file using this:
    Code:java
    1. world.getWorldFolder()

2)
    Would be difficult to code on your own, use a plugin like TerrainControl
    Ist ziemlich schwer so zu programmieren, ich würde ein Plugin wie TerrainControl verwenden
    3)
    You can do this using a custom world generator, but I don't know how these work. I would just wait for World Borders to come out.
    Dafür brauchst du einen eigenen Welt Generator, ich hab aber keine Ahnung wie man die baut. Ich würde auf die "World Borders" warten, die MC 1.8 herauskommen. Die machen nicht, dass die Welt dort einfach zu ende ist, jedoch ist es eine "Wand", an der niemand vorbei kommt.

3. Offline

MineReader

okay ty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.