Question about SRV Records

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jonny999999, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jonny999999

Hello,
    at first my situation:
    I am running 2 minecraft servers (one on the default port 25565 and the second server on the port 2222)
    and i have a domain (raidworld.eu)
    I recently read about SRV-Records, so my plan is to set up a SRV record, so players can join the second server with pvp.raidworld.eu instead of raidworld.eu:2222
    I already found some great guides/tutorials about this for example that or this one.
    They helped me alot, but there are some differences with my provider (HostEurope) and all i tried for now failed^^

Can anone tell me what i have to enter where? Or what i did wrong?
    again: joining the main server with raidworld.eu works fine^^
    I 'only' want that players can join the second server on port 2222 with pvp.raidworld.eu (instead of raidworld.eu:2222)

Here my A-records:
    [​IMG]

The SRV-Record i created: (sorry the site is German, i translated for you^^)
    [​IMG]
    this SRV record does not work for me, because when i try to join pvp.raidworld.eu im joining the main server (port 25565) instead of the second server (port 2222).

Any ideas, i could try are welcome! Thanks :)

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

You're very close! In the underlined locations replace pvp with something else (in the attached picture), as long as the two match. You've already stated in the Prefix (optional) spot that the prefix will be pvp, but the A record that you've set (pvp.raidworld.eu) is already using it. By changing pvp.raidworld.eu to say, mc.raidworld.eu in both locations, it will work! :D

Attached Files:

• srv.png
      srv.png
      File size:
      62.8 KB
      Views:
    jonny999999 likes this.
  3. Offline

jonny999999

Thanks for the fast answer! :)
    Ah i undersand now^^
    I Changed it to the following yesterday:
    [​IMG]
    and:
    [​IMG]
    I tested the A-record, i can ping or join the main minecraft server with dummy.raidworld.eu

But it seems that the SRV-Record still does not work for me is there still something wrong? :confused:
    When i try to join pvp.raidworld.eu now, i get the following error in minecraft:
    "Failed to connect to the server"
    "Unknown host"

thats the same error when i try to join a domain that does not exist. (the output in the minecraft log is the same as when i try to join hhdsakfjsdf.com)

Did i understand something wrong?
    Or is there another error i made?

4. Offline

oceantheskatr

It seems to be set up perfectly. Try giving it a bit of time, as record updates can take up to 2 hours or so usually.

5. Offline

jonny999999

its almost 24hours ago now (since i set up the SRV-Record like this and never changed anything)
    it still does not work...
    i will contact the support of my provider now, if theres anything wrong!
    If i find out anything new, i will let you know :)

6. Offline

hahagu

Try disabling your firewall or allowing port 2222 on your server.
    Also, make sure your hosting provides multiple ports. Not all hosting offers that.

7. Offline

jonny999999

Thanks for your answer, but there is definitely no firewall and no limit with ports.
    Its a linux root-server where i run multible services already :) (not only minecraft^^) without any problems or port forwarding's.
    I think if there was a problem with ports i could not join the server with raidworld.eu:2222.

im still waiting for the support of my provider to answer... :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.