Solved Port forwarding

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Puggles, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nickbbeezy

I'm honestly stumped here. I've literally done this hundreds of times, no problem. At this point, I'm not sure ISP doesn't support port forwarding or if we just made an non-obvious mistake. Last thing I can think is to try to forward both UDP and TCP. If that doesn't work I'm all out of ideas man...

2. Offline

Puggles

Couldit be cause I accidentally did the TCP twice?

What was that info u needed to check up exactly how to portforward it? Im using Qwest as a router btw.

Its probably just some mistake I've made, but cant think of.Im sure I did everything right.
    Im also using the 1.4 dev build (the first one) if that helps any.

Also a while ago, when 1.3 came out along with the LAN option, no one in my LAN could connect to my world, but I could connect to theirs. Not sure if this helps any....

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  3. Offline

Nickbbeezy

+ http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Qwest/GT701-WG/Minecraft_Server.htm

Hopefully that helps, that's all I got left.

EDIT: Actually, I just think you need to remove the info I had you input in the remote port section, I believe that singles it out to only allow certain access.

4. Offline

Puggles

5. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Did you remove the data you inputted for the remote port section.

6. Offline

Puggles

Okay it says the port forwarding worked. But it still doesn't work..

I put the same data as the other one. If its blank it doesn't let you apply.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Make sure the first 2 fields are blank, the last one needs to be 0.0.0.0 like the video I'm guessing.

8. Offline

Puggles

When the first two are blank, it says invalid remote port

9. Offline

Nickbbeezy

10. Offline

Puggles

Okay, I have t go now though. Ill try it tonight. Hopefully it will work. I've spent all the weekend getting the world all nice and pretty, and making easter eggs all over the place. So hopefully that will work.

11. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Lmao, we've used up 3 pages of a thread, it BETTER work. Cya later man.

12. Offline

Puggles

Back.
    Still nothing. Did everything in the tutorial, nothing. Maybe I should seek more professional help?
    Or is there a different way to portforward? I really want to get this server up ಠ_ಠ

13. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Well, there's Hamachi, but nobody likes Hamachi.

14. Offline

Puggles

What is Hamachi, and how does it work?

I've created a new topic: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/trouble-port-forwarding.108011/
    But we can discuss hamachi in THIS topic. What is it? How does it work?

15. Offline

Nickbbeezy

It's basically just a bypass for portforwarding, it lets other users who have Hamachi connect directly to your Hamachi network. It gets a lot of hate simply because not everyone wants to DL something to connect to servers. It's mainly used by people who are only running servers for their friends or are unable to portforward because their ISP doesn't allow it.

16. Offline

Puggles

So I have 3 other friends (possibly more later) who want to join. So this might be a possible solution then?

YES I turned off all firewall and now it works! :DDDDDDDD
    Im so happy now xD
    Now its time to open that bottle of champagne xD If I had any...

17. Offline

MegaNarwhal

Hah, only took 3 pages :p Glad you figured it out. You shouldn't turn off your entire firewall though. Try making an exception for java on port 25565.

18. Offline

Puggles

Yeah, thats what I was thinking.

19. will this work for sky broadband
    ??????

20. Offline

MysteryManX

You mean Sky Broadband router :p sorry, I tend to nit pick :D yeah same sort of thing, but it may vary depending on your router. I'm on Sky Broadband by the way :D

21. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Lol
    Lol yeah, that what that one video was for the windows firewall. You just need to open the port, I wouldn't completely disable it though.

MegaNarwhal likes this.
  22. Offline

Puggles

A person in my LAN cannot connect, but I am not sure if people outside my LAN can connect yet, or if its just being buggy. Can you see if you can connect? at 67.40.234.45

Okay never mind about the above post. It works now. We just had to try it a few times.

Thanks for your help dude!
    I'll see you around!

23. Offline

XDshadowDX

i think so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.