Players disconnect from server "disconnect.endOfStream"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Houly, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Houly

Capture.PNG

Here i just got a full log with 2 different error wich i switch between. I got craftbukkit #23 atm
    It has nothing to do with the opping, it happends wen i dont touch cmd also (the first error)

2. Offline

superste2201

I also get this problem.
    When setting up a server only I can connect, even though ports are open.
    Code:
    [INFO] PLAYER [/IP:PORT] logged in with entity id 144
    2011-03-17 22:24:07
    [INFO] PLAYER lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream
    2011-03-17 22:24:13

Everybody else gets a timeout message. (trying to connect from outside)
    Happens only on 1 of my computers (running 7 ultimate 64), my other computer runs it fine (7 home 64) but this is my slow computer.
    Weirdly although this problem only happens with bukkit/stock server it does NOT happen with mcadmin.

Any ideas would be great, I only got minecraft for multiplayer fun and it's not great on my old slow computer. I could use mcadmin but it lags at least 500% more than stock/bukkit server.

3. Offline

solentice

Just to be totally sure...when you use a website like this to check port 25565 from that problematic computer, it says it's successful?
    http://www.canyouseeme.org/
    You must run your server first, and then check for open ports, because when the server is not running, no other application should be using port 25565, so you'll get an Error message saying it's not open.

4. Offline

superste2201

Yup totally open, even tried different ports and still the same problem.

I know I'm setting it up all correctly because like I say I have it running ok on another computer.

Also I can see people 'try' to connect which shows the correct ports are forward.

5. Offline

solentice

Seems like a possible firewall issue, since standard server allows connection, when bukkit does not. This means your open ports are most likely set correctly in the router, but a software firewall is blocking it on that one computer...You might have to manually add firewall exception rules to allow java with port 25565...

6. Offline

superste2201

I have firewall turned off. Also the standard server does not work either. The only way I have resolved this issue is by using mcadmin, but mcadmin lags like crazy compared to the original server & bukkit.

7. Offline

solentice

Turning off Windows firewall doesn't always allow the ports to open, meaning they need to be set in the firewall rules before hand. Is Windows firewall the only software firewall you have? You don't use any antivirus softwares that might also have a firewall built in?

8. Offline

superste2201

Ok I do not have windows firewall installed at all, same as my other computer. It is removed from the OS.

No other firewall software or AV running.

I'm rather confused that mcadmin works perfectly but the vanilla server and bukkit do not.

9. Offline

solentice

Ummm, you actually REMOVED the Windows firewall software??

10. Offline

superste2201

In short yes.

I removed Windows firewall and some other unnecessary software(WMP, remote access, etc) from the OS before install.

Please note this is the exact same as my other older computer. None ever had Windows firewall.

I'm 99% sure this is not the problem. Mcadmin works perfectly. My other computer with no firewall works perfectly. Ports are open.

11. Offline

TnT

Are any of your users using client mods/texture packs? If they wipe their client out (and the files for it from their appdata directory) can they connect?

Can YOU connect from outside of your LAN? Can you post your IP so we can try/grief your server?(kidding)

12. Offline

superste2201

I cannot connect from outside the LAN, tried with a clean fresh client. Nor can they.

IP is 86.15.191.208.

This is a new world my main server is on the working old computer.

13. Offline

TnT

I just tried to telnet to 86.15.191.208 on port 25565 - I managed to get connected, so your ports are forwarded correctly.

When I tried to connect, I got a message saying I'm not whitelisted on the server. Can you add me so I can try again?

14. Offline

superste2201

Added

EDIT: oops didn't restart, should now work.

Same problem. Everybody who connects shows up in the server 'floating' until I get a endofstream error and they get a timeout error.

http://img821.imageshack.us/i/20110318155602.png/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
  15. Offline

TnT

You cannot get this to work, no matter how hard you try, for any server or server mod (vanilla, hMod, Bukkit, etc), correct?
    Your router is configured correctly and you run no firewall at all, correct?
    Have you added exceptions even if the firewall is off?
    Do you have any antivirus software running?
    If so, can you disable it and try? Windows defender as well, if you run it.
    Do you have a shitty ISP? (One that packet sniffs, watches for traffic, etc?)
    Have you tried other hardware - new NIC, new router, etc? Could you try (if possible)?

16. Offline

superste2201

Only works on mcadmin, weirdly.
    All hardware is set up correctly and working with either mcadmin or another computer (obviously after changing which internal IP to forward to).
    My windows install has no firewall, I cannot add exceptions as it does not exist and it is totally removed from the OS.
    No AV/firewall running.
    All unnecessary software disabled.
    ISP is ok, I get 20mbps dl and 0.75kps upload. AFAIK they do not use any nasty tactis (packet sniffinf, etc). Also Mcadmin works and so does my older computer., using the same internet and hardware.
    I haven't tried different hardware I will try using a different NIC and router now and report back.

17. Offline

TnT

Until we can get you up and running, run it with no plugins at all.
    Can you also turn off the need for a whitelist and let me know so I can try again?

18. Offline

huze

Is it the end of story? I have the same problem. Let's solve it together! =)

19. Offline

superste2201

Been trying to get a longer ethernet cable to my computer so I can try using that instead of my wireless.

Different router doesn't fix the problem however. To check the NIC I think I'm going to use a router as a repeater so I don't need to move my computer.

You could use mcadmin it solves the problem for me, only problem is that it lags so so badly.

20. Offline

solentice

Did you also remove the built-in Windows firewall from your system? If not, you may be able to add firewall rules that can possibly allow the open ports for you.

21. Offline

huze

There are not any firewall or antivirus in my system.

22. Offline

superste2201

Windows comes with a built in firewall. It is already installed. What OS do you have?

23. Offline

huze

I know Windows platform very well, my Windows 7 Enterprise x64 already have not any firewall or antivirus. Note: I use router D-Link DIR-655. And MC port is open. When player is connecting, server log that, and I can see player, but he disconnects 3-5 secs later.

24. Offline

superste2201

Ah, ok. Sounds like you have same problem as me. My ports are open and people can connect, the server logs this. They however get stuck on the log on screen and get a timeout error.

Try a different NIC. Are you on ethernet or wireless?

25. Offline

huze

Ethernet. Have not other NIC. What OS do you have?

26. Offline

superste2201

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Weirdly my computer running Windows 7 Home premium x64 works perfectly on the same network. Even though it is configured almost exactly the same way (e.g. same components removed from the OS, same services running, etc)

27. Offline

huze

If I run server on virtual FreeBSD with separate IP, bug doesn't appear. The problem is in Windows 7. But which part of Windows 7 exactly?

28. Offline

solentice

You both seem to have an issue with open ports only on Windows 7, and with both having removed the firewall component, could be a relation? It's not the bukkit software or Java, since many of us here have the same Win 7 64(any version) with firewall installed, and it does work for us. It's something on your specific Windows computer not allowing the port, or blocking it. Sorry to say, but it's probably time to visit the Windows 7 forums maybe??

29. Offline

huze

Never! =) It's better I solve it myself.

30. Offline

superste2201

But my other Windows computer with firewall removed works.

Also the port is open. TnT confirmed this, and all other software I use that need port forwards work.

I think the problem is in the original server code, which bukkit uses a lot of. As I said mcadmin works perfectly fine as well which IIRC uses totally different code for dealing with connections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.