Solved Player Heads as a PNG File

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Zahachos, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zahachos

Up until now, I was using minotar.net to get player heads as a png file to use in one of my plugins. Yesterday minotar.net got shutdown due to having an expired certificate. I know that you can get player skin's when going to skins.minecraft.net/MinecraftSkins/<USERNAME>.png but this return the whole skin and not only the head.
    Does anyone know an alternate website, or how I could use the official minecraft skin's website to get the player's avatar (head/face) as a png file?

2. Offline

TGRHavoc

This isn't a plugin development question thus, it doesn't belong in this section :p

Minotar.net hasn't been "shutdown" it's still up, maybe you just can't access it via your browser because of the certificate expiring.

3. Moved to Bukkit Help.

4. Offline

Zahachos

@bwfcwalshy Sorry, and thank you.

@TGRHavoc It isn't just from my browser, you just can't access it, I changed my computer's time to a week ago, and you still can't connect due to the webpage having a redirect loop. (whatever that means)

5. Offline

TGRHavoc

6. @TGRHavoc You can access but it is best not to, websites should always have a valid certification.

@Zahach If you use google Chrome click advanced and process to minotar.net.

7. Offline

TGRHavoc

I merely mentioned that the site wasn't "shutdown" and that said site could still be accessed which @OP didn't seem to think was possible :p

8. @TGRHavoc Just stating that it is better to tell them about the certificate and wait before using the website.

TGRHavoc likes this.
  9. Offline

Avygeil

10. Offline

Zahachos

@TGRHavoc @bwfcwalshy
    I know I can access it, but maybe someone hacked the website, you never know. I can't do anything about it in my code, java doesn't want to access the website since it's certificate is expired or invalid.

@Avygeil
    Thanks man! It's exactly what I was looking for!

Avygeil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.