Permissions Nodes =(

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by 1101001, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Is there a way to find permissions nodes other than scouring the web for them? It is getting a real pain having holes made in my perms system and having to go find what perm is causing the problem. I am no expert on perms and have been looking for an expert to come help me out on my server, but if i cant find anyone the server is going to go under just because i cant find permissions nodes.

Right now i am trying to find a node which is stopping mods from flying, but also stopping people from jumping off things (if your over 1 block above the ground it teleports you down). I have no idea what is doing this, but finding all the nodes would be a massive help. Unless somebody reading this can lend a hand, that is.

2. You should read the descriptions of the plugins instead of just throwing them on your server and then wonder about certain functions... I have no clue what plugin is doing that jump teleport thing, but you really should start your server from scratch if you lost track of what is doing what. Don't expect people to do that for you.

3. Offline

BCTsurvival

what permissions type do us use?

4. Offline

I did exactly that. I missed this node for the failed anti-fly, because there is no ordered way in which nodes are displayed. Every plugin does it differently and 70% don't list them all or even list them at all (have to search them on google for 3rd party, how can you trust them?).

I don't see the fault in asking for an experienced person to help out on my server? Most servers have more than one person administrating the backend.
    PermissionsEX

5. Offline

BCTsurvival

if not al permissions are there then you should ask the editor of the plugin what the permissions nodes are

6. Offline

I don't know which plugin is doing it. It is just this one node.
    At the moment moderators have '*' perms which is unideal, just so they can fly. But i need to give the perm to everyone so that they can jump.

OK, it was towny advanced which was casuing the problem. Crisis averted.

I am still looking for somebody to come lend me a hand on the server though, somebody more experienced who can help at the backend.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  7. Offline

C0nsole

HEY! I'd definitly be willing to give you a hend on your server, in exchange for adminship.
    I've been an admin on 12 servers but they are all either down for good or are waiting for bukkit to officially come out.
    anyway, i'd be willing to give an additional thing in return (besides help on the server) but im not sure what so you would need to tell me.

Gimme a message back, i'll be watching the forum page!:D

8. Offline

Chillax_Team

Change to GroupManager! Click it in my Signature!

9. Offline

Old thread :p
    Everything is fine now, wasn't a problem with PEX anyways :)

10. Offline

C0nsole

what do ya say?

11. Offline

Check your inbox.. :p

12. Offline

Chillax_Team

I know :D But GroupManager is Beast

13. Offline

PEX is compatable with like.. everything, and its the thing i'm used to, no point throwing something out if theres no problem with it =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.