Permissions Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Hawx12020, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hawx12020

Hi there,

So I am in the process of updating my permissions ex. Here is what I am worried about, currently donators and members etc have their ranks however I am changing all of the names and everything. I was wondering, when I update PEX will I have to go through the thousands of player files at the bottom and change them all to the correct rank. Or will this automatically happen? Thank You

2. Offline

Sm0oth_kriminal

No it won't update if you change the group name.
    Why are you updating the name of the group? Do you mean you change the Chat Prefix? For example,
    If you simply want to change tag [VIP] to [PRO-VIP], you don't have to change the "VIP" group name in your permissions.yml, you simply need to edit the prefix!
    If this is not what you mean, I am sincerely sorry and will need a better explanation of your issue.

3. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

He's talking about the actual group itself not its prefix. Yes, you would have to change everyones ranks as there is no PEX command to do what you are looking to accomplish.

4. Offline

mchungames4441

Here's what I suggest.

If you're using Notepad++, click on Search in the top left, and then click on Replace. A box labelled Replace should come up. Next to 'Find what :', type the current name of the rank you want to change. Next to 'Replace with :', type the name you want to change the rank to. Make sure the In Selection box is NOT checked, and 'Match whole word only' IS checked, and click on Replace All on the right.

Say you want to change the name of the rank VIP to Pro. In Find What, type in VIP. In Replace With, type in Pro. Click on Replace All, and everything in the file that says VIP will be changed to Pro.

Hope this helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.