Solved Online mode not changing

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Christian77777, Oct 28, 2012.

?

Who else has this problem

1. I have

100.0%
  2. I haven't

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Christian77777

I am running a bukkit server-CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.3.1-R2.0-b2340jnks (MC: 1.3.1) (Implementing API version 1.3.1-R2.0) on my mac OS X 64bit, no wrappers, and Plugins (31): WorldEdit, DreamLand, PermissionsBukkit, PorteCoulissante, BattleNight, Vault, Stargate, MelooonCensor, Multiverse-Core, LogBlock, SmoothFlight, VillageProtection, MineResetLite, PearlXP, RetractableBridge, SurvivalGames, MultipleLoginBlocker, PailPipe, SkylandsPlus, BKCommonLib, Lockette, Votifier, CCTV Camera, Essentials, Residence, MobCatcher, EssentialsSpawn, Enjin Minecraft Plugin, PailStone, NoLagg, EssentialsChat

So i am planning to go public with the server but i would like to have online mode as true to breath a little better when i run it, but when i change the server properties in online-mode=true, and i run it, it takes some time but then it says,
    Could not check for updates, the server will start in offline mode.
    so it runs offline and even changes the server.properties
    I really dont know why, i have good internet connection, and my friends connect good too.
    So i really need help on this, i have tried removeing the server.properties and when it runs again, it gives the same message, when i change the file, i save, then open it again but is still true
    So i hope a the staff can help me out on this

-Christian77777

2. Offline

DarthSalamon

Could I possibly get a screenshot of this? I've had a server for 1 year now and have never experienced this error.

3. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Make sure your startup script matches the one on the wiki.

4. Offline

DarthSalamon

5. Offline

Christian77777

Last login: Sun Oct 28 14:55:38 on ttys000
    unknownb88d12006fae:~ Christian$ /Users/Christian/Desktop/Minecraft\ Servers/My\ Bukkit\ Server/LaunchServer.command ; exit;

Could not check for updates, the server will start in offline mode.
    Backing-up your worlds (Nexus city; Nexus city_nether; Nexus city_the_end) to 'Backups/10-28 - 2012/14.56 @ Start/'
    Removing oldest backup: 'Backups/10-28 - 2012/14.04 @ Start.tar.gz'
    PROTIP: Turn these off by reconfiguring the launcher
    Mounting RAM Disk (CraftBukkit Server) of 500 MBs - Do not eject it
    195 recipes
    27 achievements
    14:56:28 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.3.2
    14:56:28 [INFO] Loading properties
    14:56:28 [INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL
    14:56:28 [INFO] Generating keypair
    14:56:29 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    14:56:29 [WARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    14:56:29 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
    14:56:29 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
    14:56:29 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.properties file.
    14:56:29 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.3.2-R2.0-3-gcb9cb15 (MC: 1.3.2) (Implementing API version 1.3.2-R3.0)
    14:56:29 [INFO] [WorldEdit] Loading WorldEdit v5.3
    <here is the begining of the console before it activates the plugins>

and about the startup script, just open textedit, type the text in the file, save as plain text and call it launch server.command and hookit up using terminal?

So, i made a new start_server.command and it worked, but it is different from this file i am about to paste, the launch is diffent but it works, i am not sure it backed up my worlds or even checked for update, so this is the LAUNCH_server.command i have been using
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88659861/LaunchServer.command
    i used a auto bukkit server creator that made everything for me, but at first i didnt have the problem so i don't know
    and i don't remember the site name, it had "noobs" in it
    also i would like to know if i have to download the craftbukkit every time if there is a update maually
    or if there is a autoupdater that just asks my perm.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.