Solved Online mode not changing

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Christian77777, Oct 28, 2012.

Who else has this problem

1. I have

2. I haven't

0 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am running a bukkit server-CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.3.1-R2.0-b2340jnks (MC: 1.3.1) (Implementing API version 1.3.1-R2.0) on my mac OS X 64bit, no wrappers, and Plugins (31): WorldEdit, DreamLand, PermissionsBukkit, PorteCoulissante, BattleNight, Vault, Stargate, MelooonCensor, Multiverse-Core, LogBlock, SmoothFlight, VillageProtection, MineResetLite, PearlXP, RetractableBridge, SurvivalGames, MultipleLoginBlocker, PailPipe, SkylandsPlus, BKCommonLib, Lockette, Votifier, CCTV Camera, Essentials, Residence, MobCatcher, EssentialsSpawn, Enjin Minecraft Plugin, PailStone, NoLagg, EssentialsChat

So i am planning to go public with the server but i would like to have online mode as true to breath a little better when i run it, but when i change the server properties in online-mode=true, and i run it, it takes some time but then it says,
    Could not check for updates, the server will start in offline mode.
    so it runs offline and even changes the
    I really dont know why, i have good internet connection, and my friends connect good too.
    So i really need help on this, i have tried removeing the and when it runs again, it gives the same message, when i change the file, i save, then open it again but is still true
    So i hope a the staff can help me out on this

2. Offline

Could I possibly get a screenshot of this? I've had a server for 1 year now and have never experienced this error.
  3. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı Retired Staff

Make sure your startup script matches the one on the wiki.
  4. Offline

5. Last login: Sun Oct 28 14:55:38 on ttys000
    unknownb88d12006fae:~ Christian$ /Users/Christian/Desktop/Minecraft\ Servers/My\ Bukkit\ Server/LaunchServer.command ; exit;

Could not check for updates, the server will start in offline mode.
    Backing-up your worlds (Nexus city; Nexus city_nether; Nexus city_the_end) to 'Backups/10-28 - 2012/14.56 @ Start/'
    Removing oldest backup: 'Backups/10-28 - 2012/14.04 @ Start.tar.gz'
    PROTIP: Turn these off by reconfiguring the launcher
    Mounting RAM Disk (CraftBukkit Server) of 500 MBs - Do not eject it
    195 recipes
    27 achievements
    14:56:28 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.3.2
    14:56:28 [INFO] Loading properties
    14:56:28 [INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL
    14:56:28 [INFO] Generating keypair
    14:56:29 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    14:56:29 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
    14:56:29 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
    14:56:29 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the file.
    14:56:29 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.3.2-R2.0-3-gcb9cb15 (MC: 1.3.2) (Implementing API version 1.3.2-R3.0)
    14:56:29 [INFO] [WorldEdit] Loading WorldEdit v5.3
    <here is the begining of the console before it activates the plugins>

and about the startup script, just open textedit, type the text in the file, save as plain text and call it launch server.command and hookit up using terminal?
  6. So, i made a new start_server.command and it worked, but it is different from this file i am about to paste, the launch is diffent but it works, i am not sure it backed up my worlds or even checked for update, so this is the LAUNCH_server.command i have been using
    i used a auto bukkit server creator that made everything for me, but at first i didnt have the problem so i don't know
    and i don't remember the site name, it had "noobs" in it
    also i would like to know if i have to download the craftbukkit every time if there is a update maually
    or if there is a autoupdater that just asks my perm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.