Offline Mode

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by SteveKitten, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SteveKitten

Don't get all upset about me saying Offline Mode please (thats what I've seen in the past).

I have the newest Bukkit server with Multicraft. I use Bungee cord to get multiple servers and it's been working really well so far.

My only problem comes with trying online mode. The server is always in offline mode and I was told by a friend that because it is bukkit it can't work in online mode. I have tested online mode and it just wouldn't start the server or wouldn't let me on (something like that).

I am simply wondering how to get the server in online mode, or if I'm even able to do that.

Thank you, SteveKitten.

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

Your friend is wrong. Regardless of whether or not your server is Craftbukkit or Spigot, it must be in offline mode for Bungeecord to work. This is so that the Bungee proxy can move you between servers without the individual servers authenticating with Mojang (if your Bungeecord is in online mode then it will authenticate with Mojang).

SteveKitten likes this.
  3. Offline

SteveKitten

Thank you for your answer!
    Okay, so the bungeecord as a whole can be online, but not each individual server?
    Would that mean that heads won't work on each server since they are in offline mode (not sure, just trying to understand).

4. Offline

oceantheskatr

@SteveKitten Yes, the Bungeecord itself can be in online mode, but the servers must be in offline mode. Heads should still work. I think it just grabs the skin based on the name anyways. If you use Craftbukkit, make sure to get IP Whitelist (plugin) and put it on each server (except the Bungeecord itself) and configure it. That will make sure people don't directly join the servers which can cause problems. If you use Spigot, go to your spigot.yml and set bungeecord to true.

Furthermore, Bungeecord servers do not receive support on Bukkit Forums. I've only replied to this to inform you about Bungeecord and how to safely use it.

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

And that is how this should end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.