Official Minepress Thread - Server Status PHP - Dynmap - Applet

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by minepress, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

minepress

NOTE: NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT - FEEL FREE TO ASK ME FOR PHP HELP FOR MINECRAFT SERVERS VIA SKYPE IN MY SIGNATURE
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone, this is the official thread for Minepress.

What is Minepress?
    Minepress is a free open source modified Wordpress, This means you can own a website for your Minecraft server, All setup and ready without any hassle or issues.
    Minepress is in beta at the moment but over time will be developed and further improved. It is 100% free and ALWAYS will be :)

What does Minepress offer?
    At the moment Minepress offers the following:
    Why use Minepress?

Minepress is 100% Free, this is my main convincing point to use it. It was pretty much a project I started and loved from the start.
    Minepress DOES Require you to have a host etc, so either:

• Buy a domain and host
    • Or use a free host
    Download:
    Minepress isn't finished yet but it's stable. So to make this easier I have supplied a zip file with ALL of the plugins developed so far :)

Click me for download

Instructions:
    At the moment you must have Wordpress installed to get this working, the downloads so far are essentially just plugins. I will release the stable version of Minepress (With plugins and extras) Soon.
    Show Spoiler

To add a WordPress Plugin using the built-in plugin installer:
    1. Go to Plugins > Add New.
    2. Under Upload, find the plugin downloaded (link below).
    3. A popup window will ask you to confirm your wish to install the Plugin.
    4. Click Proceed to continue with the installation. The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
    5. If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
    To make the Dynamic Map show up on your website put this onto a page:

[MP-Dynmap]

Update Log:
    Show Spoiler

23/11/2012:

• Adriani has been working VERY hard on the next plugin, I'm really happy with his progress!
    • Minepress has gone through some SERIOUS SEO, in the UK we are ranking on the first page for the term "Minepress". Looking to go further!
    • Fixed the forum so now it's more inline and looks better (Still some tweaks to do)
    • Contacting Wordpress about them hosting my plugins

2. Offline

TnT

You need to have a direct download to this software, on this page (with instructions on setup and use), or this thread will be removed as advertising.

Thank you.

3. Offline

minepress

Will do that now TnT :) Thanks for pointing this out

4. Offline

Adriani6

Couple of things I'd like to point out.

The Demo isn't attractive at all, this is because:
    "ssadasd" text appears over the banner.
    Something should separate the posts/annoucements on the main page, maybe a <hr> ?
    Side Blocks don't look convincing.

Forum maybe should use the same theme as the main page ?

Just some basic stuff :p

5. Offline

minepress

Thanks adriani :) I'm slowly working on it all haha, it's pretty much plugins before presentation at the moment But I'l fix that asap

6. Offline

Adriani6

No problem, always glad to help :)

7. Offline

minepress

Adriani has agreed to come aboard and help with the next plugin! WOO

8. Offline

minepress

Updates 23/11/2012:

• Adriani has been working VERY hard on the next plugin, I'm really happy with his progress!
    • Minepress has gone through some SERIOUS SEO, in the UK we are ranking on the first page for the term "Minepress". Looking to go further!
    • Fixed the forum so now it's more inline and looks better (Still some tweaks to do)
    • Contacting Wordpress about them hosting my plugins
    Thanks for all your support! <3

9. Offline

minepress

Updates 27/11/2012:
    • Haven't been able to do much recently, Had some stuff at work going on :( Working on the SEO slowly though
    • Updated the forum a little bit more

10. Offline

minepress

11. Offline

tyzoid

minepress
    It would appear that your site is down...

12. Offline

minepress

Yea I had a few problems with my host, everything is slowly coming back :D

13. Offline

SuperEvan200

I saw your forum post on minecraft forums and I thought you were inactive. Great to see this is an active project! Please keep it free and if offering some premium features, dont go too far. I don't want this to turn out like enjin. Best of luck to you, I'm trying it own now. ;)

[EDIT]: And the download, http://minepress.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Minepress-Plugins-19-nov.zip doesn't work. Please also add a download link on minepress's homepage, it will make it MUCH more convenient. Thanks.

14. Offline

minepress

Hey, I'm still fixing links etc, It's 2am here and I've had a lot of outside project work to do. I'm working on it! :D

Rather than doing it as a huge package I'm offering plugins now. So I will update the forum links soon

also. It's 100% free and I mean 100% free

15. Offline

jigga_jones

ok i tried downloading non the links are working yet when will they be fixed ?

SuperEvan200 likes this.
  16. Offline

SuperEvan200

Same here.

17. Offline

minepress

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delays, I'm going through all my plugins now and putting them onto Github!!!! should be easier to manage now :D Sorry guys! updated the links above.

18. Offline

SuperEvan200

minepress
    Where do I download the ACTUAL minepress files? All your repositories are plugins/ Just upload the zip to your server and make the download link get you to the address of the zip file on your server. Then it will just download. Much easier than a github where I can't even find the download.

19. Offline

Ugleh

I personally wanted to do something like this for PHP-Fusion like a month ago but never had the tiime in my recent schedule.

20. Offline

minepress

Well at the moment, they are only really plugins for Wordpress as we don't have themes to giveout and whatnot.

Hawkwaim.com is a perfect example, they are using some of my plugins (Not properly yet) but it's ontop of wordpress. Would it be easier if I made a video and uploaded it with worded instructions to show you how to install Minepress?

21. Offline

SuperEvan200

Oh! I thought Minepress was its own CMS, sortof unclear. Anyways I'll try installing it when I get around to my server.

22. Offline

minepress

Hey SuperEvan200,

It will eventually become a full CMS which uses Wordpress as a base, but as for now it is plugins only as I am slowly developing utilities first.
    If you need help installing message me here :)

23. Offline

cMan_

Some of the things need to be spaced better. Looks good though (y)

24. Offline

minepress

Which part sorry?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.