Not working with Hamachi!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by WindedDragon, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

WindedDragon

Ah, well I have a new problem. It can not bind to any port, not even 25565.

2. Offline

Andre_9796

Then you've got a BIG PROBLEM with your Java. Update if possible.

3. Offline

WindedDragon

Also, whenever I type stop into the server I get the:
    21:14:08 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    21:14:08 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServe
    r.java:379)
    21:14:08 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:277)
    21:14:08 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:366)
    21:14:08 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:379)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:277)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

Is the latest version of Java 1.0.6?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  4. Offline

Andre_9796

No, the latest version is 1.6.0_24

5. Offline

WindedDragon

Ok, that is what I have. I was not sure if I was not include _24. Should I re-install Java?

6. Offline

Andre_9796

Sure, Try at least.

7. Offline

mughi

unless hamachi is weird, remove your ip from server.properties

(try it)

8. Offline

Andre_9796

then hamachi wouldn't be needed, would it?

9. Offline

WindedDragon

Sorry Java is not installing.

Ok. I have re-installed Java and it's working, but it is still failing to bind to the port. I have no clue whats wrong now. I also still get that error when I try to stop the server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Andre_9796

11. Offline

WindedDragon

Thanks, I don't know to much on Java so I'm twice as lost.

12. Offline

mughi

Did you try removing the ip from server properties? That entry is designed to RESTRICT traffic to a certain ip. If it is set incorrectly it will cause the bind fail error. By default if you have nothing there it allows the server to use any ip assigned to it. Try clearing the entry It certainly can't hurt to try at this point.

13. Offline

WindedDragon

I did that and I can connect via:
    hamachi ip
    internal ip

Everyone else cannot connect however.
    I also fixed the problem with Java.

14. Offline

solarisin

I am running with hamachi on my personal server as we speak. Leave your ip address blank, set online mode to false and it works.

15. Offline

Andre_9796

But online mode to false is crap

16. Offline

WindedDragon

Nope that did not change a thing.

I just setup a Dynamic DNS and was wondering if I put the hostname or the ip in the server.properties?

17. Offline

mughi

DO NOT PUT YOUR IP IN THE SERVER.PROPERTIES.. ever ever ever.. (unless you have a multihomed machine)

18. Offline

WindedDragon

But when I put in the other address I run out of room to put the port?!?

19. Offline

mughi

what?

inside server.properties, you should have this line
    server-ip=

leave it that way.. DO NOT PUT AN IP IN THERE

now what are you talking about running out of room?

20. Offline

WindedDragon

When you click multilayer in minecraft and it wants the ip of the server, i can only type in the domain name and then there is no room left for the port. Also the IP field is blank.

21. Offline

mughi

if you can't fit your entire domain in there, you will ahve to use the external/hamachi ip address
    although, if you are running on port 25565, i think it tries that by default.

22. Offline

sintri

The IP can be left as blank, also you may wish to change the port. 81 is restricted on some. Default is 25565 I think.

When they're trying to log in, they may either use your computer name if they know it or the hamachi address. Likewise, they can probably use your real ip should connections finally be allowed through.

edit: Didn't realize we were on page 2 already
    Online mode to false is useful when the online servers are offline, though you'll generally login as a player and a random number unless you use some unscruplous workaround.

Notes on Java:
    If you're running a 64 bit OS, you'll need a 64 bit version of Java, without it you may crash when playing minecraft (though that's sorta quite hard not to notice minecraft crashing). Also the autodetect for 32 bit versions of internet browsers will only install the 32 bit, fastest way to ensure you've got a 64 bit is to log onto the 64 bit IE that comes with it and go to java's site and dl from there. Though don't quite think this has to do with your port binding issues.

23. Offline

WindedDragon

Thats old I using 25565 now. Also the Hamachi IP is not allowing the connection and I don't want to even get started on my real IP. I don't know why this is not working, I thought that a server was supposed to be easy to make.

edit: I fixed the port binding issues last night, I think that I simply messed with the wrong thing.

24. Offline

sintri

As for forcing a connection port, you should in theory be able to use computername:25565 or 127.0.0.1:25565 etc to force the specific port if it's anything like the rest of the world.

edit: For some hamachi quirks, you can move hamachi up to the top as your primary/first connection options, it's under advanced network settings. This in general shouldn't cause too many problems, though course it's just in general. It does seem to interfere with some games, though which I don't remember, and it's not really much of a hassle to revert it back to normal.

25. Offline

WindedDragon

I 'am running a 64-bit version of Windows, and on the Java site they don't say 32-bit ot 64-bit. They only say Windows Online or Windows Offline. By computer name you mean internal ip?

26. Offline

mughi

Java Download (any version)
    go there, click the link for JRE (directly under the big java button), pick your os/architecture (windows 64bit)

all computers have a name..
    on your server:
    start a command prompt,
    type hostname

27. Offline

WindedDragon

I also would like to point out that I have Apache running on port 80 and utorrent Web UI running on port 17265 both running smoothly. Thanks also for the link.

So all anyone has to do is type in eric-laptop:25565?

28. Offline

mughi

no.. that is all YOU have to do
    everyone else has to use 99.244.253.29:25565

29. Offline

WindedDragon

and so in server.properties i type for the ip eric-laptop or leave it blank.

30. Offline

mughi

err.. actually, if hamachi does what i think, YES, eric-laptop:25565 may work
    if they are connected to your hamachi

leave it blank!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.